x
Square

Beta Recruiting: Multi-staff Appointment Scheduling

EDIT: This feature has launched to all sellers! Thank you to all who helped us test it out!

By popular demand, we’re excited and ready for you to test another Square Appointments feature – multi-staff appointment scheduling. Look professional by sending one text and/or email reminder that includes appointment details from multiple services booked.

Check out the image below for a sneak peek at how this looks!

Multi-staff Appointment Scheduling.png

We're looking for feedback from both you and your staff members on this beta. If you’re interested in trying it out, please let us know in the thread below, and we’ll get you set up. 😎 

To share feedback, please make sure you are a member of our Beta Community, a private community where you can provide feedback, get support on latest features, report any issues you encounter, and submit additional product requests. We'll be tracking your feedback in this group.

Your participation and input is important to us. When you provide feedback, you help improve your future experience with Square.

Happy testing, and see you in our Beta Community!

Victoria
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 1 of 102
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

Hi everyone - my name is Ramya and I am a Product Manager on Square Appointments. Thank you all for your comments and interest in the multi-staff appointment beta. I understand many of you are looking for multi-staff services / ability to book couples massage on a single appointment. While this is not available today, I very much appreciate your feedback. I have noted this feature request and will certainly consider it in the future. Please do continue to share any improvement suggestions as your insights are very helpful. Thank you!

View Best Answer >

Message 61 of 102
101 REPLIES 101
Beta Member

We understand the dynamics with building a service for square appointments that calls on two staff for a single service (while also considering resources), and we are desperately looking for this feature....but we cannot understand why appointments doesn't support the modifiers system NOR the discounts. How can the rest of Square support modifiers and discounts but not Appointments?! The Square messaging system is amazingly mind-blowing and honestly the only thing keeping us in the square appointments environment at this time...but please please please just "turn on" the ability utilized modifiers with appointments, then let us use discounts for services, THEN get this multi-staff "couples" situation built! 

Message 64 of 102
Square Community Moderator

Hi @HideawaySD,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing your feedback. 

Discounts can currently be applied to appointments when you're taking a payment in person on the point of sale. The ability to apply discounts while booking online is currently a feature request. We'll be sure to make an announcement if this feature becomes available!

If you're offering appointments at different price points, we'd suggest using Variations to allow customers to choose from different options. While modifiers can technically be applied to services as well, they won't display in the booking flow for customers to select. 

We take different factors into consideration when developing new features, such as seller demand, cost of production, development resources, what other projects are being worked on by which teams, technical feasibility, and more. Our product teams and engineers monitor our Seller Community for feedback and feature requests very often, and we appreciate you sharing which features you'd like to see. Please feel free to share your business specific use case for this here!  

If you'd like more insight into how feature requests are tracked and developed with Square, take a look at this article

Message 65 of 102
Beta Member

Thanks for message. Kindly clarify this concept of "Variations" as you use it definitively like such a concept exists. Do you simply mean building different services as "variations" or is there such a feature actually titled VARIATIONS as relates to services? If so, where?

Message 66 of 102
Square Community Moderator

Hey @HideawaySD,

With variations, you can create the unique varieties of an item or service. Each variation can have its own cost, price, SKU, etc. For example, a ‘T-shirt’ can have a Blue, Small variation or a Red, Large variation. 

For appointments, you can adapt these variations to suit the your services you're offering, e.g a hairdresser might want to offer a wash and blow dry, but charge for different hair lengths, or even set different time blocks for the length of each appointment.  

To create a variation for one of your services, head to your Service Library > select a service > scroll down to > Add Variation. From here, you can add a price, duration, resources and more. Once you've added the information, click Done to save.

Here's an example of how variations look from a customer's perspective with the example of a wash and blow dry:

I hope this clears things up a bit! Let us know if you have any other questions 🙂

Message 67 of 102
Beta Member

We really need this feature! please consider adding it as it really is key when running a service business especially a massage spa, ex. couples massage. One of the few things needed to make square appointments a true juggernaut! please add it

Message 68 of 102
Square

Hi @Lifetastesgood! The product team are aware of this need and if it's something we introduce in future we'll be sure to let all our valued testers like you know! 

Victoria
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 69 of 102
Beta Member

I'd like to be part of this Beta group for couples services - it's a much needed feature for us! 

Message 70 of 102
Square

Hi @Reverie1! As Ramya said, it a feature that allows for multiple staff to be assigned to one service is something that will be considered in the future. We'll be sure to let you know if a beta program becomes available for this feature!

Victoria
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 71 of 102
Beta Member

We really need this feature! please consider adding it as it really is key when running a service business especially a massage spa, ex. couples massage. One of the few things needed to make square appointments a true juggernaut! please add it

Message 72 of 102
Beta Member

We are still waiting for the multi staff in one appointment feature to be available in Square very soon!!!

Message 73 of 102
Beta Member

I would like to test this as well

Message 74 of 102
Square

Sent you a DM with some info @Ruthsurface!

Victoria
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 75 of 102
Beta Member

I would also love to beta test this feature. thank you in advance for your consideration

Message 76 of 102
Beta Member

I would actually like to turn this feature off. We are having an issue where only a single team member is booked on an appointment for several services, but the appointments shows as "multiple staff members", so it's a bit of a headache. Also, appointments are being split into several individual appointments when edited for time etc. Any assistance?

Message 77 of 102
Beta Member

@Victoria_SQ Can I be removed from the Beta?

Message 78 of 102
Square

@beautifulco To turn the feature off:

1. Head to your online Square Dashboard
  2. Choose Appointments > Settings > Calendar & Bookings from the navigation menu
  3. Scroll to the Online Scheduling section and toggle Allow multiple staff to be booked in a single appointment off
Victoria
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 79 of 102
Beta Member

@Victoria_SQ Yes, I had already taken this step, but am still seeing tons of appointments, past and future, marked as "multiple staff members" when only one staff member is booked in that appt for all the services/products. I can send a screenshot, but am not able to on this forum.

Message 80 of 102
Square

I'm so sorry to hear that this doesn't seem to be working as expected for you!

Please head to this page where you can file a bug for this issue. Once you click Submit a request, you'll be able to use the camera icon above the text box to add your screenshot.

Does the issue occur:

• In Dashboard or the app?
  • For every appointment, or just appointments that are booked online by customers?

We'd really appreciate as much detail as you can give to help the team investigate!

Victoria
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 81 of 102
Beta Member

Is it too late to be included in this beta test? I want in!

Message 82 of 102
Square

Just sent you a DM @RockNRollHair!

Victoria
Beta Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Message 83 of 102

I would like to test the multi staff appointments as there are many jobs I would like to send multiple staff too and appointments doesn't allow me to select more then one staff

Thanks

Message 84 of 102