x

Can I use Square in Brazil?

I bought the square card reader and I would like some information about to start to use it. I called visa and mastecard and they ask me to go to my bank . I went in my Bank and they send me to Visa. I dont know how I can linking my Bank account with square card. Could you help me?! Which isso the first step?!

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Admin

Hi @Fabricia,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to Square's online community ๐Ÿ™‚

At the moment Square doesn't provide credit card processing facilities in Brazil - though I'd be happy to pass your feedback on to our product development team so they're aware of the demand! You can still use Square's Point of Sale app to track transactions your business makes outside of Square.

Presently Square is available for card payments in the USA, Canada, Japan, Australia and the UK.

All the best!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 7

Oh no... I thought its works. If I try to use it in another country, how will it work? What should I do?!

Message 3 of 7
Admin

If you try to use Square to take a payment in another country you won't be able to.

Because each country has different regulations relating to who can take a card payment in that country and what conditions need to be met, Square readers will presently only work in their country of origin - they won't work for card payments outside the country the account was registered in.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 7

It would sure be nice if you would tell this information before we go through all the trouble of signing up!  I almost paid $300 to add a business account so that I could use Square in Brazil.  Doesn't anyone in your company have a head on their shoulders?

Message 5 of 7

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Square Point of Sale in Brazil

Am I able to use Square Point of Sale in Brazil?

Message 6 of 7
Admin

Check out the reply from Sheamus in this thread @mrb2!

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 7 of 7