x

Cannot enable "checkout" permissions in teams

As of a day or two ago, my team members cannot log in to Square Terminal.  After logging into the Dashboard, I saw that the permissions for the team have "checkout" greyed out and I cannot change it.  It is labeled "Active" but yet the slider is set to off.  This means that my team members cannot login anymore.  What happened? We've changed nothing that we're aware of.  Thanks.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Never mind, I reset the Square Terminal to factory default and it works now.  Glitch/bug, no time or patience to troubleshoot further.

Message 2 of 7
Alumni

Awesome to hear. Sorry the Terminal spazzed out on you. Let us know if it happens again. @artforms

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 3 of 7

I want disabled these opption to my team 

Message 4 of 7
Admin

Hey @Juiceplanet650,

Thanks for reaching out! You can view a rundown of the sorts of things Team Permissions can allow/disable for your team here, and these permissions are handled via your online dashboard here.

Let me know if you have any questions 🙂

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 5 of 7

Thank you very much, but are these features that should be paid for or also be on free accounts because this feature I have is locked

Message 6 of 7
Admin

@Juiceplanet650 the free version of team management allows for use of one permission set for employees in addition to you as the owner. This permission set is called "Team Permissions" and can be found in your online dashboard under Permissions. You can edit this permission set, then add team members and apply that permission set to the team members for when they use Square POS.

The paid version of Team Permissions allows you to create multiple permission sets - eg a Manager might want different permissions in Square than general staff, so if you want to create different levels of permissions this is part of the paid product. If you stick to using the single free set of permissions for all staff you wouldn't need to pay for the feature.

Hope this makes sense!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 7 of 7