x

Customer Profile - Can you search on a custom added field?

We have added a custom field in the customer profile but we are not able to search anything in that field.  We tried using client notes but unable to search that field either.  We would like to have one of them searchable!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey @CPS2021, thanks for your post! 

I'm not too sure what you mean by searching in a custom field or client note. Could you provide a little more information on what you are looking to do? This will help better answer your query. 

Looking forward to your reply! 🙂

Message 2 of 4

When searching in the customer section we are only able to search by customer name.  If we add a custom field to the customer profile we would like to be able to search that field.  For example, if we added a number identifier into the custom field, can we search for it?

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @CPS2021 👋 Violet here, stepping in for @k_atie while they are out of the office.

Thank you for providing those details to help us better understand your question. At this time, the ability to create custom searchable fields in the Customer Directory is a feature request. Although this feature isn’t currently available with Square, it’s a great idea and I can see how it would be beneficial to your business. I’ve shared your feature request with our Product Team, as they are constantly improving our products based on feedback like this. To learn more about how feature requests work, please see this post from one of our Seller Community Moderators. 

For now, it may be helpful for you to utilize the Customer Filters feature, described here. Additionally, as a workaround, you could also include the customer's ID number in the first or last name field so you could still technically search by the ID number 🙂

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions!

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4