x

Customize Receipts

Square - Wouldn't it be nice if we could customize our receipts? I would love to have the option of placing adds or discounts or just whatever at the time of sale.  I think this would be extremely helpful for marketing at the POS.  I would also like the reciepts to be sent in .pdf format this would be very helpful and to standardize the print size to 8.5 x 11 paper.  I would like the option to always receive a receipt copy as well, it's helpful when sending in an order or pasing along to the accounting dept.

I'd love to have feedback, Thanks...

Message 1 of 40
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @LedHead! 🧾

Just updating this thread with an answer to your question. We've developed the ability to use marketing resources with Square receipts. 

When creating a coupon campaign with Square Marketing, you have the option to include the coupon on your digital receipts. By doing this, customers who aren’t subscribed to your mailing list can take advantage of the promotion.

To include your coupon in your digital receipts:

1. Navigate to the Marketing tab of your online Square Dashboard > Create Campaign.

2. Select Receipt and enter your campaign name > Continue.

3. Customize your campaign’s theme, edit coupon details, and add content > Continue.

4. Finish reviewing your campaign > Schedule or Send Now. 

You can learn more about this feature here

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!

View Best Answer >

Message 27 of 40
39 REPLIES 39

I agree. I would like to be able to add my provider number, which changes depending on my location. and essential for people to make health fund claims.

Message 2 of 40
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for the suggestions!

I definitely see where customizing receipts at the point of sale could come in handy. 

@LedHead one thing that you might be able to use would be the Marketing Campaigns and Customer directory. While you wouldn't attach the discounts or coupons to the receipt itself, you would send select customers discounts, announcements, and coupons via email at any time from your Square Dashboard. 

In regards to copies of the receipts, you have access to all receipts for every payment accepted in your Square Dashboard as well!

@lib1 You might benefit from the Customer Directory feature as well, since this would allow you to input custom information to each customer, including their provider numbers. 

Read more on Customer Directory and Marketing Campaigns here.

Message 3 of 40

We would like the option to customize the receipt as far as fonts and images. So, for example, to remove eh map of the location (the address should be sufficient!) and reduce the logo size. Even with a single item sale, the full page printed receipt generally runs to two printed pages.

Message 4 of 40

I agree with being able to print larger fonts as on our ticket line it is hard to always see what is on our duplicate reciepts that we us in the kitchen.

Message 5 of 40
Square

Definitely agree it would be helpful, thanks again for the feedback. We'll update here if this changes in the future. Thanks!

Message 6 of 40

I have noticed that when I print receipts my Online sales policy prints off. You can edit this information on your square store page under settings. If you do not do online sales (like me it is only in store pick up) you could add it there.

Message 7 of 40

great tip. can now add custom text. i would prefer to add at point of sale coz i have heaps of provider numbers. but this works well. thanks.

Message 8 of 40
Beta Member

Would love to be able to add a gif/jpg...graphic to the receipt so we could add any pic or bounce back coupons right on the bottom of the receipt......this would be awesome...just to have a an option to insert a image at the bottom...............thanks for listening!

Message 9 of 40

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this @jcaudle

If anything changes, I'll post an update for everyone 👍🏼

Message 10 of 40

I would love to have more options to personalize the receipts and add/ delete information as needed.   I need to do it for insurance purposes and I don't see how to do it here. 

Message 11 of 40

Really hope this will be addressed. Seems like that day may never come though. Mine needs to be changed for legal reasons.

Message 12 of 40

AGREED. This company needs to keep up with the times - this needs to be fixed like YESTERDAY

Message 13 of 40

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Feature request - Custom Invoices

I would really like to beable to customize my reciepts more then currently. 

For say being able able to choose logo size and being able to change the placement of items.

Message 14 of 40
Admin

@Dugasmike

This is a request we hear a lot! I've moved it to this particular thread as we want to make sure we're tracking features like this and can update the post when changes are made. 

A little more on the feature request process here!

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 15 of 40

We could really use the ability to customize the header of PDF invoices. The logo is too small, the alignment of the name and address on the right is messed up and for some reason there's a thick blue bar at the bottom of the header. Makes our business look bad, amateur. Please implement asap!

Message 16 of 40

Hi @MCBC - thanks for adding your voice to those asking for this feature. I will pass along your feedback to our Product Teams, especially your suggestions concerning generating PFD's; I can see how this would be helpful.

Thanks for your patience while we continue to make customized receipts more accessible across the board. 

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 17 of 40

Thanks, Joe. Much appreciated.

While where on the top of PDFs, the QR-code-like code at the bottom of generated PDF invoices is very difficult to scan. I had a customer try and they couldn't get their phone camera to recognize it. I did, but it was not easy. We would use improvements here as well. Why not just use a standard QR code?

Message 18 of 40

Thanks for adding this, @MCBC. I am curious to how the PDF is generating for you. I am going to send you a private message. 

Joe
Message 19 of 40

@Joe was this feature request ever implemented? We too very much would like to customize the receipt - specifically dynamically add qr code or even just url to the bottom of the receipt based on the customers purchase

Message 20 of 40

Hi there, @dan-c 👋 Thanks for reaching out and checking in on the progress here. Still no shareable timeline for me to give just yet. As soon as we have some news for you, we will notify everyone here on this thread.

Thanks for your patience!

Joe
Message 21 of 40