x
Square Community Moderator

Decimal Quantities Beta is Live for Android Devices!

We are excited to announce that we have launched early access to decimal quantities on Android devices!

Decimal quantities enables you to sell exact quantities in the unit(s) of measure you use to conduct your business—ounces, pounds, yards, gallons, etc. By previewing decimal quantities on your Square Point of Sale, you will be able to:

• Create items to sell in decimal quantities
  • Check out customers purchasing items in decimal quantities
  • View decimal quantity items in your cart summary
  • Review sales by item quantities
  • Refund items with decimal quantities
  • Issue and display digital and printed receipts with decimal quantities
  • Review your inventory and transactions with decimal quantities in Dashboard

Please reply to this thread if you’re interested in joining this beta!

Thanks!

Note: Square Terminal and Square Register are not yet supported for this beta but we'll share any updates in this thread! 

Message 1 of 72
1 Best Answer

Best Answer

Thank you to everyone who helped us test this feature out for Android devices! We're excited to announce that decimal quantities feature is no longer in beta and is now 100% live in the newest Square Point of Sale update (version 5.18). Please visit the Google Play Store to update! 

View Best Answer >

Message 56 of 72
71 REPLIES 71
Admin

@trollbridgefarm

Have you signed out of the App and back into the App, as well making sure you are running the most recent version of the App available?

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 22 of 72
Super Seller Alumni

I'm having the same problem with my Register system.  My Register software says it's up to date (version 3.6.0038), I signed out of the Register, rebooted it and signed back on.  My iPhone's OS is up to date, I deleted both the Square app and the Dashboard app from my phone and downloaded them again, and signed back in.  I signed out of my PC's Dashboard and back in.  Both my computer and iPhone show items that I've designated for decimal quantities, but I cannot get them to show on the Register when ringing up a sale.

I get the following message when I add a decimal unit to an item, but I have no idea what more I can do - what am I missing?

Update POS Notice.jpg

Judy T Shumway
Message 23 of 72

Hi @GlassJudy ! We are currently recruiting beta merchants to use Decimal Quantities on Square Register, but we are not quite live with this beta. As soon as this beta goes live, I'll reach back out! 

Message 24 of 72

Please subscribe me to the beta for the Square Register version of decimal quantities.  Also in item configuration, the drop down includes Liters but Not Gallons.  We need Gallons!

Message 25 of 72
Admin

@GlassJudy I'm sorry for all the trouble! We're checking with the Beta team for you and we'll follow up here as soon as we can. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 26 of 72

I've got this seemingly working on my standard POS Android app, but it's apparently not available for the Appointments app? I really want to use the appointments app because we offer different services beyond our typical retail environment. However, I do not want to run 2 different apps to accomplish this.

Message 27 of 72
Admin

@randalstroup

Our major updates like this change will roll out to our main Point of Sale app first before we're able to roll it out to the other versions of the App.

Right now, this will remain a Feature Request in the Appointments App, but something we're working hard to bring to all iterations of the product. We'll announce here in the Community when decimal quantities roll out for our Appointments App.

kellyj
Technical Program Manager: AI
Square Inc
Message 28 of 72

Perhaps a beta version of Appointments is in order.

Message 29 of 72
Beta Member

Please sign me up. Thanks

Message 30 of 72

I am interested, please sign me up. Thank you.

Message 31 of 72

I would like to sign up for decimal quantities please

Message 32 of 72

@Rzrubek , @policenauts@Atonnemaker Thank you for your interest in this beta! I have enabled this feature on all your accounts. You can now use this feature on your Android devices. Please refer to this support article for instructions on how to get started: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6681

Message 33 of 72

Hi id like to use this ability.

For invoicing in decimals... Otherwise have to enter multiple line items. Twould be nice to have one line item with decimal quantity.

Thank you.

Message 34 of 72

Hi, Id like to sign up for decimal quantities please.

thank you!

Message 35 of 72

Hi @RealHealth Thanks for inquiring about this beta! I have enabled this feature to be used on your Android devices. As for invoices, you can currently already use this feature, as long as you have created an item that has a fractional quantity unit. Please refer to this support center article for instructions: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6681

Message 36 of 72

I would like to use decimal qtys on my android device. Also does the decimal function work with your mobile device?

Message 37 of 72

I'm interested in decimal quantites for android!

Message 38 of 72

I'd like to sign up.

Is this going to be available for invoices as well?

Message 39 of 72

@NutmegCPCO , @amweigh , @lbverde I have enabled this feature on all your accounts. Please review the following support center article for instructions on how to get started: https://squareup.com/help/us/en/article/6681

Thanks for helping us test this feature! 

Message 40 of 72

Hi we just purchased the square register POS, and we cannot use it due to the decimals not being allowed on our Square Register.  Can we be activated as well?

Thank you!

-KapatidOriental

Message 41 of 72
Super Seller Alumni

Unfortunately, decimal quantities hasn't been released for the Register system yet.  It's supposed to go live soon, though.

Judy T Shumway
Message 42 of 72