x

Discount problem

I have created a dollar value discount but it does not appear on the till even though it appears on the Square dashboard. Percentage discounts work fine. Any idea what the problem is??

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hey @AAFM, thanks for your post! The discount should definitely be visible in your Item Library list so you can select and apply it at checkout. If you are not seeing this, would you mind letting me know the exact mobile device you are using and the version of the app you have? 

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 2 of 8

Hi, we are using an Ipad (6th Gen) Software version 14.4, model # MR7F2X/A

The Square app is version 5.58 (5580012) SPoC is SPOC 1.0

Message 3 of 8
Admin

Thanks @AAFM,

We're not having any issues with these devices/app versions at the moment - have you tried getting in touch with support to look into this further?

I'm thinking this is probably going to be a pretty easy one to solve, but having support take a better look into how things up is probably going to be needed to properly troubleshoot this one. Or, if they are able to replicate the issue and something odd is happening, they'll also be able to file a bug report!

You can call our support team on 1800 760 137. Lines are open Mon-Fri, 9am-5pm Melbourne time.

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 8

I clicked a button on the till that dais use new version and the discount has appeared as discounts available on each item. It still doesn't appear within individual items but this work just as well. Thanks for your help

Message 5 of 8
Admin

@AAFM glad you found a workaround, hopefully having this here will help other sellers in the future too ๐Ÿ™‚

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 6 of 8

Hi,

We are experiencing the same problem too: money value discount is not shown as a selectable option for individual items, but selectable as one-off discount per transaction. Other percentile discount options are however available and selectable for individual items.

Kindly assist.

Thanks.

Chee

Message 7 of 8
Admin

Hi @chee2021,

You can apply a discount to either an entire transaction or an individual item. The exact way to apply a discount to an item varies depending on which device you are using, however we have a guide available here. Hope this helps, let us know if you have any questions ๐Ÿ™‚

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 8 of 8