x

SPAM EMAIL - WEBSITE BEEN HACKED

I received an email yesterday saying my website has been hacked and I have 5 days to pay $3000 Bitcon or they will destroy my website and reputation.  I have not replied but have reported this to several government departments.  I was advised to back-up my website files.  Can someone advise how I do this?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Square Community Moderator

Hi, @oml, thanks for reaching out to us and sorry to hear about this.

As the first port of call, if you believe your Square Account has been compromised in any way, you will need to reach out to our Support Team when they are next available so that they can verify your information and secure your account.

You can call support on 1800 760 137 (Mon - Fri, 9 am - 5 pm Melbourne time).

Secondly, if you received a suspicious email claiming to be from Square, please forward it to spoof@squareup.com so our teams can take a look. 

In the event that you have provided any personal information, please let our team know right away. In addition to alerting our teams, follow the steps below to help us secure your account:

1. Navigate to Account and Settings to change your Square account password.

2. Enable 2-step verification.

3. Change your password to your email.

4. Check your filters to ensure that emails from Square are not set to be filtered out of your inbox.

Regarding backing up your Square Online site, the best thing to do here would be to export your Item Library to ensure you have a backup on hand at all times. The template for your Square Online site is saved once you publish your site, and you can access the template to update it at any time from your Site Editor page.

Please let us know if you have any trouble getting in touch with our team.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2