x
JCrockettArt1

Does Square Allow or Do Currency Conversion?

Hello everyone! I'm very happy that I'm able to accept Credit/Debit cards by using Square. I never thought to ask this, but I do have this one question:

Does Square allow or even do currency conversion?

I need to know because on my art website, I allow differnt currencies from a few different countries to come to my website and pay with PayPal. My selected countries are United Kingdom, Candada, Japan, and Ireland.

If I have someone from the United Kingdom that wanted to purchase an artwork with their credit/debit card, and they paid me by using Pounds, I would need to be able to convert that into US Dollars. That would be the same with Japanese Yen, Canadian Dollars, and Euros.

Thanks so much for your time. 

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Admin

Re: Does Square Allow or Do Currency Conversion?

Best Answer

Hi @JCrockettArt1

All Square charges are made in the currency of your country of activation (USD for you), and your customers bank does the currency conversion. 

So less work for you 🙌🏼

It's also good to remember that when an internationally-issued card is charged or refunded, the cardholder may be charged for currency conversion by their card issuer.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions. 

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @JCrockettArt1

All Square charges are made in the currency of your country of activation (USD for you), and your customers bank does the currency conversion. 

So less work for you 🙌🏼

It's also good to remember that when an internationally-issued card is charged or refunded, the cardholder may be charged for currency conversion by their card issuer.

I hope this helps, and let me know if you have any other questions. 

Message 2 of 6
JCrockettArt1

Thanks so much, EJ_. This helps me and any international customer that may want to buy. With the Holidays coming around the corner, this is great information to know. 

Thanks again for your time and response.

Message 3 of 6
Admin

You're welcome @JCrockettArt1 and let me know if you need anything else!

Message 4 of 6
Highlighted
Emotionreset

Can Square accept other currency

Hi we do coaching capsules on the net we dont send any goods out ou Canada Can we accept other currency as Euros directly true Square in our Canadian account 

Thank's  Marcel Boyer 

marcelboyer@mac.com

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Re: Can Square accept other currency

Hi @Emotionreset

I've moved your post over to this existing thread. 

Check out the best answer and let me know if you have any additional questions. 

Message 6 of 6