x

Does anyone know if Fresh KDS is coming out in the UK any time soon?

Does anyone know if Fresh KDS is coming out in the UK any time soon?

Message 1 of 5
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Does anyone know if Fresh KDS is coming out in the UK any time soon?

Hi @OurCoffeeHouse,

Thank you for your interest in Fresh KDS!

We are very anxious to add support for the UK.  Unfortunately, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that was implemented throughout the EU earlier this year is quite complicated.  In order for Fresh KDS to be GDPR-compliant we will need to build new data handling protocols and rethink the core application architecture.  Without being melodramatic, it is a big undertaking.

This is definitely high on our list of priorities - but I am unable to give you an estimated timeframe.  It will definitely not be in 2018.

We apologize for any inconvenience.  Please keep an eye on the Fresh KDS website for updates.

Thank you,

Andrew & the Fresh KDS team

4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @OurCoffeeHouse

I haven't heard anything on this, but it might be worth reaching out to the Fresh KDS team directly to see if it's on their road map. 

Let us know what you find! 

Message 2 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Maybe @FreshKDS can chime in themselves with an update on this? 

Message 3 of 5
Partner

Thanks for the nudge, @EJ_

We have posted a reply below.

Best,

Message 4 of 5
Partner

Hi @OurCoffeeHouse,

Thank you for your interest in Fresh KDS!

We are very anxious to add support for the UK.  Unfortunately, the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) that was implemented throughout the EU earlier this year is quite complicated.  In order for Fresh KDS to be GDPR-compliant we will need to build new data handling protocols and rethink the core application architecture.  Without being melodramatic, it is a big undertaking.

This is definitely high on our list of priorities - but I am unable to give you an estimated timeframe.  It will definitely not be in 2018.

We apologize for any inconvenience.  Please keep an eye on the Fresh KDS website for updates.

Thank you,

Message 5 of 5