x

Domain transfer ETA?

Please help I recently transferred my domain from wix to here. Every time I try to link the domain it says "This domain is already being transferred" can anyone help me I already purchased the domain for here. It has been 4 days and still no transfer

Message 1 of 18
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @ShopCased I am stepping in for Joe real quick to see if I can help answer your question. 

If you purchased your domain from Weebly then it would have been pre configured. However; when you are editing the domain records like you are, you need to make sure the IP address ends in .164 and not .16. 

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 18
17 REPLIES 17

Hi there, @jboless - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community!  So sorry to hear about the trouble with your domain transfer. We are here to help!

From what platform are you transferring your domain to? Depending on the originating party platform, domain verification and transfer can vary drastically. Personally when I transfered over from Squarespace, my transfer took 7 days - which I would consider a long time.

We're not able to jump into account specific details or view account information here from the Community, but our Support Team is standing by and would love to take a deeper look into this for you. I recommend flagging this over to them if you can.

We look forward to hearing from you!

Joe
Message 2 of 18

Hi Joe do you think you can help me as well.

I hope I can receive some help.  I was having some trouble connecting my domain. I purchased my domain through weebly. I connected my domain and found another link that helped me access my weebly account. There was an option to transfer my domain but I didn’t. I think clicked on the IP address to change the points. How will I know it worked correctly?

2DC9B063-4108-4661-AEA4-0D00E4796F0F.png7DF13526-52EB-447E-8873-D512BF565FF9.png213F6E4B-62A9-4981-9E2D-8131F51FB3B0.png

Message 3 of 18

Best Answer

Hi @ShopCased I am stepping in for Joe real quick to see if I can help answer your question. 

If you purchased your domain from Weebly then it would have been pre configured. However; when you are editing the domain records like you are, you need to make sure the IP address ends in .164 and not .16. 

AshleyK
Message 4 of 18

AWESOME! I will give that a try. Thank you Ashley.

Message 5 of 18

I have been trying to change the DNS my current domain (cardsbytom.com) points to and have thus far been unsuccessful.  My domain is registered with Register.com.  I tried changing to the numeric IP addresses that I found on the Square website, but Register.com want alpha-numeric addresses and I cannot find any. I have been unable to find any help anywhere on Square or Weebly for this.  Can you assist?  Thanks.  Tom

Message 6 of 18

@armelit Thanks for reaching out! That domain is currently loading your Online Store and it looks like it's pointed to our IP address. Hopefully you were able to figure it out, because it looks like you have since it's working. 🙂

AshleyK
Message 7 of 18

I initiated the transfer process from Squarespace on 11/27 and received emails saying if I did not respond by 12/03 to cancel request then the transfer would proceed. I am still not able to login into my site or subdomain, and now I cannot receive any emails (not sure if it is related). I have tried to access the DNS records in my squarespace account but cannot access the page to change any settings. Please help! I do not know what to do and getting very frustrated!

Message 8 of 18

Is there any solution to this or someone I can call to get the issue fixed?

thanks 

Message 9 of 18

Hi @Sroot I'm sorry we missed your previous post. We have limited access to accounts here on community, and it would be best to reach out to our support team directly here

Based on your post, though, it sounds like your domain is still pending transfer. It can take 7-10 business days for a domain transfer to complete. If you had until the 3rd to cancel the transfer I believe it means the timeframe would begin from this date. I would expect the domain to appear in your account sometime early this upcoming week, but you can always reach out to the support team to confirm. 

Hope this helps clear up any confusion, and I'm very sorry for the frustrating experience. 

Message 10 of 18

Thank you, I will be on the lookout early this week.

Message 11 of 18
Admin

Hey @Sroot!

Apologies for the delay. Have you successfully transferred your domain from SquareSpace to Square Online yet? What is your URL if not?

Thanks! ❄️

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 12 of 18

Hi, thank you for the information. my domain is rootscoffeeroasting.com. I have initiated the transfer and I have received an email say that it was approved and the transfer would begin on 12/03. Do they take care of the DNS records and other settings? I am not able to access the DNS records in squarespace so I am not sure what to do. Also, would this affect my email with the same domain?

Thank you

Message 13 of 18
Admin

Hey @Sroot!

As long as you followed all these instructions, you should see the domain transfer successfully in 7-10 business days from 12/3.

Please give us a call if it hasn't transferred by 12/18. 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 14 of 18

I guess I will need to call someone to figure out what's going on. I still cannot access my website and from my squarespace account it looks like the transfer has taken place. 

Message 15 of 18

It is now Jan 7th and still I am not able to access my website! I need some help! I got to my Weebly.com account and it is still saying transfer pending! What do I need to do?

Message 16 of 18

Hi @Sroot - have you reached out to our Support Team by phone as Isabelle suggested above? 

Joe
Message 17 of 18

I've been waiting over a month for my domain to be transferred over to Shopify. I've now lost the ability to receive email because the "domain cannot be found." What is going on?!

Message 18 of 18