x

Exporting transactions doesn't include refunds in csv download. Why?

When I exported my daily sales transaction, the refund I did did not show up in the download.  Nor did it add in the total, as far as I can tell.  Why not?  I have been using the Items Detail CSV report, because it gives me the most information that I want to see.  I have not had this trouble with any other type of transaction.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Admin

@GFF Just to be clear- you're saying that your Item Detail CSV isn't showing your refunded transactions? I tried this out on my end after processing a refund through a demo account, and I was able to export an Item Detail CSV that included the refund. I'd suggest using Chrome if you're not already.

Could you let me know if its a different report that you're trying to export? I'll keep an eye out for your reply!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 6
Super Seller Alumni

Just FYI, I can also see refunds in the Item Detail CSV report.  I'm using Chrome too.  I know that sometimes Square doesn't play nice with other browsers, so that could be the problem.

Judy T Shumway
Message 3 of 6
Beta Member

I have the same problem. The refund is not appearing on the transaction report but when I go to the actual transaction, it shows as refunded. This is throwing off our accounting. Please advise.

9/16/20 14:09:01 Bluegreen/Gold Alcohol Ink Card $4.25  $0.27  ZRCbSONE6ikpwxMMciskLQB https://squareup.com/dashboard/sales/transactions/bS8evtRgrLFMZUT7OHKlSUgeV/by-unit/N50KW91P1207T
Message 4 of 6
Beta Member

And I'm using Chrome.

Message 5 of 6
Alumni

As @nika and @GlassJudy mentioned, refunds should appear in the Item Detail and Transaction CSV export. Are you including the appropriate date range? For instance, if a refund was issued October 31st but processed/completed on Nov 1st, You'll need include both months using the date selector. 

If you're still having issues, reach out to CS for a hand. @PCArts

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 6 of 6