x
Alumni

FYI - Square Register is now ✨ Square Point of Sale ✨

Hi Sellers!

We updated the name of the Square Register app to Square Point of Sale. This change better reflects everything that the app can do – take payments, track sales, manage customers, manage employees, and more.

Square Point of Sale will appear the next time you update the app, and we wanted to let you know so that it doesn’t catch you off guard.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

I need to update my square account to Point of Sale.  How do I do this?

Message 22 of 49

Can I import quickbooks POS inventory into Square?

Message 23 of 49
Beta Member

When will we be able to enter cost of goods and be able to run cost of goods reports for inventory purposes. That is a very important part or inventory management !

Message 24 of 49

When will Square recognize qualified not for profits and reduce CC fees to these groups?   Every dollar counts to the people we support.   Your consideration is greatly appreciated.

Message 25 of 49
Alumni

@waterbubba - yep, check out this article for more info on the Square/Quickbooks integration

@Dh222 - Not available yet, but you can follow this thread for updates on when cost of goods reporting will become available

@HHSFAB - thanks for asking, and for running a non-profit! I hear ya that reduced fees would make a big difference for you and the people you serve. I'll make sure to give your feedback to the team here.

@KandS - just a name change for now, but more features are being built all the time! 

@toyintakeout - thanks for clarifying! We'll be sure to update here in the community if/when self-ordering becomes available, and will add your voice to the feedback we give to our product teams.  

Message 26 of 49

Thanks. You guys rock.

Message 27 of 49

So does this mean we can now do actual item returns and exchanges?  Just like you can with every other POS system?

Message 28 of 49

@KandS, until they set it up to do a specific item return, you do know that you can do a refund to your customer for the amount of the item's purchase price, right?

Message 29 of 49

@Kpay, thanks for the info.  I will update the app.  

One thing I am curious about:  I would like to send an nvoice and be paid for product much like I currently use PayPal for.  However, PayPal lets me print postage once the buyer has paid the invoice.  With Square, I can only invoice but have to use a separate website to print postage.  Any plans to simulate the way PayPal works?  If you fix the program that allows me to invoice and then print postage (at a discount like PayPal offers), I will use Square for all my invoicing!  Thanks!

Message 30 of 49
Square

Hi @LisaSD. This is the first time I've heard this feature request, it's very interesting. Do you customers pay online and you mail them a receipt? Or do they pay using a check once you mail them the receipt? 

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 31 of 49

Oh no, my iPad will only update to 9 also. Does this mean I have to buy a new iPad to use Square?

Message 32 of 49

I did a test on my iPad entering all but the final charge and it appears to work.

Message 33 of 49
Square

Glad to hear! iOS 9 is still supported. 👍

Sean
he/him/his
Message 34 of 49

What Square really needs to be a robust POS is to offer a report that shows what goods were sold in a given time frame, the cost of goods sold, and so on. Without the reporting, the data is trapped in the app and isn't useful enough.

Message 35 of 49

Yes - we want a sophisticated report as well - so we can print at the end of the month at least
date - customer - cc ending - product purchased - amount pd - cc fee - Net amount

dream report - it's the reason we don't use it alot - is my accounting team go wild because they have to individually trace who is what purchase within the system - takes tons of time. 

Message 36 of 49
Alumni

@embellishmarin and @innersurf - thank you for your feedback! We will take it back to the team here. Make sure to also follow along on this thread about cost of goods reporting. 👍

Message 37 of 49
Beta Member

While I agree, a COG for each product vs what we sell it for, there is one problem I do see.

Say in January you create a product and your cost is $25 and you sell it for $75, profit $50.

Then come June you are close to running out, so you create more product but it now cost you $30 because of increases from your supplier.  If you change the field in the database to $30, then anything you sold January to June would come up in reports

as a $45 profit per item profit skewing your data.  So there would have to be a way for previous data at the old prices to not change.

For me, I don't change my prices every time my cost of product rises slightly.  I just do my absolute best to find the cheapest price for the same parts of that product.

I know that Quickbooks has a way of doing the calculations for Cost of Goods vs Product sold, but I don't know what that is yet.

Message 38 of 49
Square

@RCT - You should check out the thread that Kpay mentioned. There is a community member using Quickbooks. Comment and tag them with "@" sign to ask them how they handle this. 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Message 39 of 49
Square

@TropiCouture - This is so you can upload photos to accompany your items when you create them. Learn more about creating items in-app.

Sean
he/him/his
Message 40 of 49
Beta Member

Hi, I just downloaded the new Beta Square POS and it keeps telling me I need to give it access.  I check on for Location, then a window pops up

========

Screen Overlay detected

to change this permission setting, you first have to turn off the screen overlay from settings  > apps.

========

I click that and just get a list of all my apps showing what is off and what is on for enabled.

I can't seem to get it to work.  I know I didn't have this problem with the other app still on my phone.

Can someone help me so I can check out the new app  🙂

Message 41 of 49
Beta Member

I take that back, now I noticed even the POS that is supposed to be stable, I get the same pop ups.

I don't have any shows this month, but still need to access the app should someone call and want to purchase and I take their card during delivery at their house.

Message 42 of 49