x
Alumni

FYI - Square Register is now ✨ Square Point of Sale ✨

Hi Sellers!

We updated the name of the Square Register app to Square Point of Sale. This change better reflects everything that the app can do – take payments, track sales, manage customers, manage employees, and more.

Square Point of Sale will appear the next time you update the app, and we wanted to let you know so that it doesn’t catch you off guard.

Let us know if you have any questions!

Tags (1)
Message 1 of 49
48 REPLIES 48

Why does the app need access to my photos?? 

Message 43 of 49

My updated app, "Point of Sale" works fine, just like the "Register" did with one change.

I noticed it does not take tap payments.   Are they completely unavailable now, or is there a different screen I have to use?

Message 44 of 49
Alumni

@PZF77 You should still be able to take tap payments with the Point of Sale app. Check out this post with troubleshooting steps for the Contactless and Chip Card reader, and comment there if you have questions! 

Message 45 of 49

Does this now accept chip credit cards?  Or do you still have to purchase the other reader for $49.

Message 46 of 49
Square

Hi @chictrezures. This thread covers the name change of our app, we haven't made any changes to our readers. 🙂

Sean
he/him/his
Product Manager | Square, Inc.
Message 47 of 49

My usual Square chrging is interrupted, and when I try I register on the new 'point of sale'  site, it end sup sayng 'that email address is already in use'

......well of course it is!!!!....help

Message 48 of 49
Square Community Moderator

@jet38 Hi there, 

Were you still running into trouble? It sounds like you might be trying to sign up for a new account rather than sign in to an existing one. 

You can log in to your Square Dashboard here: http://squ.re/dash

Try using the "Forgot Password" link if you have issues with that. 

Message 49 of 49