x

Feature Request: Can Square process offline card payments in Australia without the internet?

Can square take and process cc transactions without the internet, then dump transactions once back online ie like on a plane?

Message 1 of 45
2 Best Answers
Admin

Best Answer

EDIT 6/5/2022 - Offline Mode is now available with Square Terminal via chip and tap with Visa, Mastercard, American Express and JBC credit and debit cards. Apple Pay and Google Pay are also supported.

Hey @TTA,

Offline payments are not a Square feature in Australia at the moment, so you'll need a stable internet connection to take card payments. It's possible this will change in the future, though there are upsides and downsides to having this ability.

I'd be interested to hear more about what sort of use case you're looking at in terms of using Square to take payments on a plane!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 45
Admin

Best Answer

Heads up - Offline Mode is now available on Square Terminal!

We understand that not everyone uses Square Terminal and we know plenty of Square sellers are keen to see Offline Mode on other payment devices. While we don't currently have any news to share about Offline Mode coming to other devices, please let us know in the comments where you'd like to see Offline Mode in the future - we'll pass your feedback on to our product team.

@TTA @ST71 @NRFC2022 @WAMC @Lexies @InDepth @AbettaLocksmith @yadav086 @BTails @Hannaford @Templar @Hells71 @Louhil @NMAE @DeltaBravo @ForestLodgeFarm @OnPointBrewery @AnswerS33k3r @BirdClub @Harty88 @383 

Seamus
Square, Australia

View Best Answer >

Message 41 of 45
44 REPLIES 44

How can I take payments with no phone service 

Message 43 of 45
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Joelr thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Seller Community!

The ability to accept offline payments on your mobile device is still a feature request at this stage. I've gone ahead and merged your post with an existing thread to better track our progress here. 

We'll be sure to tag everyone in this thread once we have more news to share.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Message 44 of 45

Hi, is there any update if payments can still be made through the 2nd generation reader and terminal when out of wifi/internet range? I have also just learnt we do not have access to Open Tickets to store purchases made until back in wifi range so this is EXTREMELY important to have

Message 45 of 45