x
Beta Member

Group Online Ordering

I am looking for a feature allowing group ordering. I have seen some companies have this feature on their websites. Basically, it allows multiple people to order on a single ticket that divides each order by name of customer. For example, lets say Sally, Arnold, & Carlos want to order different items from a restaurant. Group ordering would allow all 3 of them to order on a single ticket that has each of there orders categorized by their names. Also only a single payment would be made instead of 3 separate payments. This is beneficial for business meetings where everyone wants to eat something different but only an administrator will be paying for everyone's lunch. I've seen where an admin creates an account and sends out an email link to each of the meeting attendees. The attendees then enter there name and individual orders. Once everyone has input there orders, the admin then finalizes and pays for the order in a single transaction. Anyone know if this feature exists or if there a workaround of some type? I am using a square iPad stand and online store.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Hey @freshco! Appreciate you taking the time to lay this out. Right now having this ability with the Online Store is a feature request.

@PreOrder_Apps - Do you have anything like this built out?

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Sorry, we misssed this! We don't have this in our Square App Solution, but we do have it in another app and it's amazing, so we could copy it over to our Square App Solution pretty easily. 

This is the kind of stuff we love to do!

GetPreOrder.com, Official Square Partner - Create a $250K custom SuperSite for Square free. https://getpreorder.com/supersites
Message 3 of 4
Beta Member

See response below. We can do this pretty easily for ya. 

GetPreOrder.com, Official Square Partner - Create a $250K custom SuperSite for Square free. https://getpreorder.com/supersites
Message 4 of 4