x

How can I make my customer feedback public?

How can I make my customer feedback public? (Like to go to my facebook page?) It seems a bit pointless to just be private. It would be nice to have an option to publish some of the customer comments to social media.

Message 1 of 72
1 Best Answer
Square

Best Answer

We don't currently have a way to share customer feedback from your receipts but you can encourage your customers to post on your business's Facebook and Yelp pages! 

Check out our new features in Square Marketing that encourage your customer's to review your business on a public platform! 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 72
71 REPLIES 71

Over 20 years in this Internet world and I'm happy to hear we've come up with another #GreatIdea 

oevae.com
Message 64 of 72

I agree with everyone’s frustration, the amount of reviews our business gets in square which are completely useless instead of on our google business page which would drive business to us. We are now looking to use another company that will let our google reviews link be on our receipt. 

A tech company who’s business is helping businesses should know how important reviews are to us. 

Message 65 of 72
Beta Member

It would be nice and also easy, when they pay by credit card to give customers an opportunity to click on 5 stars when they sign and give a tip!  Then when they go to book an appointment--they could see how many 5 star reviews we have!  

It looks like we have been requesting this since 2018--why is this simple ask being ignored for four years?

Message 66 of 72
Square Community Moderator

I can certainly appreciate your frustration here, @FairyHair.

We continue to pass on the feedback we receive directly to our Product team. While I don't have a timeline I'm able to share with you, nor am I able to comment on internal developmental priorities, adding the ability to publically display customer feedback is still on our radar.

While we don't have further news to share at this time if this changes in the future we'll be sure to update this thread.

Laurie
Community Moderator, Australia, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 67 of 72

I've been reading the posts and this is a feature that's been on the radar for years. My customers give "star" ratings when they purchase on-line; however, there's NO WAY for them to give a "star" rating when they make an in-person purchase (which is where the majority of my sales come from but I direct people to my website to see all the products).

Can't someone get this moved up the ladder so in-person sales have the same option to leave "star" reviews instead of just a smiley face and a private feedback? When their receipt is sent to them, can't it just link to their items like on-line purchases?

This is really a hindrance to those of us who do in-person sales.

Thank you so much for whatever can be done to get this change made!

Message 68 of 72

I also do a lot of in person sales, and the ability to review only when customers buy from my website listings is so frustrating! I've gone to the lengths of making coupon codes that discount entire product amounts and then manually refunding shipping, to in person customers that I've grown close with, just to get a review! This seems to be the only way to get REAL people giving me real reviews. So sad that square is so behind on these features.

Message 69 of 72

I'm running into this myself as a new Square user. It's so frustrating to see this has been an issue for at least 5 years! I understand the logic of not just having an open review function on product pages but it really is a hinderance to my business which is done mainly in person! I have customers who want to leave reviews but can't! I think I'd rather have to manually sift through spam reviews and delete them just so customers can submit their own rather than not having any reviews at all!

Message 70 of 72
Square Community Moderator

Hey there @candle_cauldron I know waiting for features to be implemented is not easy! We are making some changes to the feature request process so I would advise you and any others seeing this post to add your voice here. Our team will make sure to provide updates as they become available on the thread. 

Again thank you so much for your patience and input! 

Message 71 of 72

I am throwing in my 2 cents to keep the issue alive.  Please just add buttons for our clients to click that say "Share on FB" or "Share on Google"  allowing our clients the choice to share their positive review.

Message 72 of 72