x

How can I set up pre-orders for shipping

Hi All! I'm new to square, so I apologize if this is a 'newbie' question, but how can I set up pre orders for shipping? I only see an option for pickup/delivery.

Any help is appreciated.

Thank you square community!!!

-Jessica

Jessica Ogle
Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Ahh, yes, that definitely makes sense! 😊 

The only thing I can think of for now is to add a text modifier asking the customer to input the date they want shipped, or to enable the "note to seller" feature on the checkout page. Not sure if that is any better than free-handing a note, though. 

On that subject, are you wanting this to be automated? For example, customer has ability to select or request shipment date, and then you receive a notification to create shipping label when that date comes? Or, is it an issue with creating the label in advance which send out an automated email stating the tracking number is available? 

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Welcome to the Seller Community, @honeypiesbakery 🎉

No need to apologize! All questions are valid here. 😊

Can you clarify what you mean by pre orders for shipping? Items that are shipped do not really have a set fulfillment time since it's up to you as the seller to manually process the order. 

If you are collecting orders that will be shipped on a specific date you can just notate that in the item description. You could also include your shipping estimates in a FAQ page, or your shipping description that can be shown on the item details page.

I'll be on the look out for your reply, and welcome again to the community!

Message 2 of 8

Thanks, Bernadette! And sorry for the late response...I didn't even see that you responded! 🙂

What I mean is I was hoping there was a feature where the customer could specify the date that they want their item shipped/mailed out without having to free-handing a note. Kind of like how they can schedule a delivery, I wanted them to schedule a shipping date.

Does that make sense? I hope so. 🙂

Jessica Ogle
Message 3 of 8

Best Answer

Ahh, yes, that definitely makes sense! 😊 

The only thing I can think of for now is to add a text modifier asking the customer to input the date they want shipped, or to enable the "note to seller" feature on the checkout page. Not sure if that is any better than free-handing a note, though. 

On that subject, are you wanting this to be automated? For example, customer has ability to select or request shipment date, and then you receive a notification to create shipping label when that date comes? Or, is it an issue with creating the label in advance which send out an automated email stating the tracking number is available? 

Message 4 of 8

Yes, I would like it to be automated, if possible.

Jessica Ogle
Message 5 of 8

It's not something that is on the immediate roadmap, but you are more than welcome to post this feature request to the Ideate boards

This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers with similar interest in your request.

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

Message 6 of 8

Hello! So I'm getting ready to post more products to my shop (clothing and accessories) and looking at pre orders, is there a way to have shipping on pre order and not just pick up/delivery?

Message 7 of 8

Hi @DallasK - Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Square Seller Community👋

I went ahead and merged your post to an existing thread where other Square Sellers have discussed this topic as well. We merge duplicate conversations together to keep like comments in one place, and to make it easier for others to find the thread in the future. 

Please see the reply from one of our Community Moderators, @BernadetteA, which has been marked as the Best Answer to this question

I hope this information is helpful but please do let me know if you have any additional questions.

Violet
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 8 of 8