x

How do I make pick up orders on the system without having to take a payment?

So, a customer calls in to place an order and I am trying to enter into the POS system - it tells me to go on schedule, add a customer - i have to add full name, number and email which is ridiculous when a customer is on the phone - then create a pickup time and add the customer.

I then have to create the order on the system but it is asking to CHARGE them and take a form of payment which I cant do whilst they are on the phone.  Is there a way to do all of the above and pay when they arrive as there is a lot of confusion due t having to write the order down on paper and send it to the kitchen. When the customer is arriving I am tilling in and a new receipt is sent automatically to the back and sometimes the order is getting remade if we forget to tell them that its a duplicate.

This issue is very frustrating and the Square customer service, helpline is RIDICULOUS and unhelpful. Absolutely appalling service.

Message 1 of 3
Report Inappropriate Content
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hi @belgianw, thanks for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear you've had a frustrating experience 😞 I have passed your feedback to the relevant team so that we can continue to improve our services. 

Currently, with Square Online, online orders will only be accepted after a card payment has been processed. It's a popular feature request, so if we do have any updates on it in future, we'll be sure to share them here. 

This question has come up before and one of our Super Sellers @Sam_400º did have a great workaround which I'll pop in here, as it may work for you. 

"This isn’t really a feature built-in, but the POS app does support doing this! 
In your settings, go to the orders section & turn on order creation. Under open tickets, make sure this is turned on too. 
Then when you’re putting a sale into the app you’ve got the option to ‘Schedule’ with will lead you through adding a customer, collection or delivery & all the stuff you’d normally get when they do an online order. I’ve just double-checked & after this you can then save it as a ticket - so close out the ticket when they actually pay (card/cash/kisses). This will keep your books right & hopefully work out perfectly for keeping all the orders in one place. 
This way it should also show in the order manager with all your online orders too."

I hope this will help! 

Breffni
Community Moderator, Ireland, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question
Message 2 of 3
Super Seller

Hey @belgianw - just as an extra, if you don't what to enter/create a customer you can just name the ticket as you save it (the reply I wrote before they specifically wanted customer details). You could just say "Jake 19:15" and that would print at the top for the kitchen. 

You're looking to make the system do something it isn't designed to do - so I think it would be fair to cut everyone a little slack here. In the same way as someone asking for something not on your menu but you offering to make something as close as you can 👍🏻

Pizza Is Chill

Message 3 of 3