x
Beta Member

How does a full service restaurant using QR codes up the suggested tipping percentage for guests?

How does a full service restaurant using QR codes change suggested tipping percentage for guests? Square default is 10% 15% & 20%. I had resigned myself to those %'s for the online orders this past year - but it's rediculous now that we have servers, bussers, real plates, and guests seated here.  Square has said it can't be changed??? Surely the engineer who set up this structure should check in with others in the service industry. Michele

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Alumni

The tipping settings will not be found within your Self-serve Ordering (QR codes) section. You can adjust the available default settings located in your Square Online Dashboard > Fulfillment Pickup & Delivery > Advanced settings > scroll to the Order tipping section. The default tipping option selected here will also apply to QR codes:

Just to confirm, you're asking if it's possible to edit the default tipping options displayed above, correct, @communitetable?
For instance, to change the default tip amounts to numbers like 18% + 20% + 25% versus the existing options?

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 2