x

How to apply discounts

How do you apply 20% 30% 50% ect. to an order, (order total). I have a different account with square and I have a discount option button. But in my other account I do not have that option button to apply different discounts.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Square Community Moderator

Hi @zenaturals302 👋 Thanks for reaching out again to us here on the Seller Community. Good to hear from you!

Quick clarification we need to best answer your question, here: are you trying to create discounts for in-person sales on the Point of Sale app, or are you trying to set up discounts for a Square-based Online Store?

I will keep an eye out for your response!

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5

Hi Joe, good morning,

I am trying to set up discounts in person at point of sale. My business is mobile. But I want to apply things like 10% OFF firs order, or a 5% Thank You, when I check them out. I have a different account (my daycare business account) where I have a section to set up different discount amounts, but this account I don't have that section to do this.

Message 3 of 5

Hi again Joe

I found it. Thank you for providing the link, It was just located in a different place. Thank you again.

Message 4 of 5
Square Community Moderator

Thanks for clarifying that, @zenaturals302 - got it!

From the Square App: 

1. Tap the three horizontal lines > Items.

2. Tap Discounts > Create Discount or select a discount to modify.

3. Enter the discount details and tap Save.

Note: If you’d like to create a variable discount so you can enter the amount at checkout, leave the Amount field blank.

Although you can create manual discounts online or from the Square app, to create automatic discounts, head to the online Square Dashboard.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 5 of 5