x
Beta Member

I need all of my pre-orders sorted by pick-up time

Hello, 

I have a long list of pre-orders that I would like to sort by pick up time for Sat.  This seems like it should be an easy report, or export.  Exporting orders is in a useless format at the moment.  I would like to avoid manually going through all my pre-orders and writing down names and pick up times.  Am I missing something perhaps?

Message 1 of 27
26 REPLIES 26
Square Community Moderator

Hey! Great question. You should be able to filter your pick up orders in ascending or descending order from the Orders section of your Square Dashboard. It can be kind of hard to see, but you there is a small arrow next to "Order Date" that will allow you to do that. You can also filter by the status of the order, so the completed orders will not show at the top of your list if that's what you are seeing.

Let me know if this helps and if I can answer your question more fully. Thank you!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 27
Beta Member

@AshleyK  I am trying to sort my orders by PICK UP time, not order date/time.

Is there anyway to get my list sorted by pickup time?  I tried exporting the data, but it's an unusable format and not easily parsed.  am i missing something?

Message 3 of 27

HI there, @sotexbbq - thanks for bouncing back and letting us know that you are still experiencing trouble even after Ashley's workaround. This may be something we need to get our Ecommerce team to look at directly. Would you mind flagging this over to them? You can reach out to them here.

Joe
Message 4 of 27
Beta Member

Your link is a general get support page.  I did a ctrl-f on Ecommerce and there wasn't a reference.  

What are you suggesting I do exactly?  Is it not possible to sort orders by PICKUP time? 

Message 5 of 27

@sotexbbqco - our general Support outreach link above if how you can contact our Ecommerce team to take a deeper look. They can answer all of your questions directly. 

Joe
Message 6 of 27

@sotexbbqco I have the same request for sorting pre-orders by pickup time. Did you ever get a better answer? 

Message 7 of 27
Beta Member

@StoweStreetCafe no I have not, been tracking manually and have not had a chance to call. 

Message 8 of 27

how do I print tickets per this email of New Tools:

New curbside pickup workflow

Orders for curbside pickup display in a dedicated workflow in the Orders tab. Plus, printed tickets for curbside pickup orders now have their own unique format.
Message 9 of 27

I also need my pre-orders sorted by PICK UP time..... How can I best do this? I am in the food business and doing pre-order for pick up and need to sort orders.  Thank YOU! 

Message 10 of 27
Admin

Hey @silofood-

Thanks for surfacing this. Right now, we only have a way to sort/filter orders by their status, or fulfillment type:

We're working on developing more sorting/reporting features for orders. I'll make sure to post in this thread when I have an update. 

Thanks again! 

️ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 11 of 27

We wrote about our need for this support back in May and we had really hoped for a solution by now. We do realize you have a ton of requests and that you are working on all of it, so thank you. That said, we are now having to sort through our orders to manually check for the pick up date/time and constantly concerned we will miss something as orders continue to come in. Orders currently appear in a completely random order and are not sorted by date/time, and viewing orders by "Active", "Upcoming", "Online", etc., does not resolve this problem. The ability to sort our orders by date/time is absolutley critical for us to get orders right for our customers. Thank you for everything you are doing to bring Square POS up to speed to meet the needs of the restaurant community. We are just trying to survive! 

Message 12 of 27
Beta Member

I'd like to echo what others have said/requested. It is maddening to not be able to sort orders by pickup day/time. I'm trying to forecast supplies, prep schedules, etc. and I have to do it completely manually. There are too many features that don't add value (such as the "Active" vs "Upcoming" orders, which seem to make no logical sense) when what most restaurants/shops really need to know is when an order will be picked up, not when it's placed or what "type" of order it is. 

Similarly, it would be enormously helpful to have a feature where I can see how many of a particular item will be picked up on a particular day. It does me no good to see that 25 of Item X was ordered today when the pickup dates are scattered across the following week. What I need to do is how many of Item X will be picked up today, tomorrow, the following day, etc.  

Message 13 of 27

Hi @kargigogo and thanks for the suggestions/feedback!

I don't have a timeline on when this will be available but I would encourage you to check out our Beta Community to join and potentially get access to new features first when we test them out.

Ashley C
Message 14 of 27

How do I find a report to download that shows products for pickup and their customer data?

Message 15 of 27
Admin

Hey there @uofscbandgear-

I moved your question over to this thread where @AshleyK points towards an answer. Although if that's not exactly what you're looking for, you can follow the suggestion to contact the Weebly support team that's also listed on that conversation.

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 16 of 27

I have an event this weekend and I'm accepting online orders so customers can choose their pick up time. The issue is I can't sort the orders by pick up time. I actually can't even see the pick up time unless I click on the order. I want to see what the first pick up orders at the top and not who has ordered first. Anyway to add a column with the pick up time on the order screen?

I thought of exporting on Excel but it's not really easy to sort. Plus, people might be still ordering the day off the event. Any advice?

Message 17 of 27
Alumni

Although you can sort your orders by the pick up fulfillment type, there currently isn't a way to organize your orders by the pickup time. 

Merging your post to a relevant thread where the convo is happening. That way we can easily find you when the Product team implements improvements to order sorting. 

@Str33tspirit

Justin
Message 18 of 27

So I'm running 70 - 100 orders per morning at my restaurant. About 60% of those are coming in day of pickup. Right now, I have a list of around 80 orders with the pick-up times just completely scattered in my orders section. Not to mention, I have a weird split between my "Active" and "Upcoming" orders that doesn't seem to follow any rules or consistent guidelines.

So, while we're completely crushed with customers and orders to fulfill. I'm manually scrolling through two different sections of orders and making sure I didn't miss any tickets that need to be printed out and fulfilled.

There has GOT to be a better way. How hard is it to write in a sort by function in the orders. Furthermore, who the hell wrote the code for the orders section that wouldn't give some sort of structure to the incoming orders?

Message 19 of 27

we have the same issue with our curbside pickup situation. i wish square would put together a way to rectify this and quickly, we have to type our orders into a google sheet to try and organize things. such a mess and the hassle it creates for us every week.... 

Message 20 of 27

Yeah it is very confusing navigating a KDS screen where all your orders are all over the place. Did you guys figure something out to solve this yet?

Message 21 of 27