x

Invisible placeholder for phone or address info

I'm getting lots of traffic to my page lately, but weak to none conversion because....

Customer’s shopping on my site are getting a prompt such as ‘Address or phone number is not found’ when they want to place an order. The trick that was suggested on a Square Website Facebook Page last year was to have them put the cursor into the placeholder > press backspace > then enter their phone or address. That simple task discourages my customers to shop again if not at all. 

Anyone else having this issue? There has to be a better way considering the monthly price I'm charged.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Square Community Moderator

Hi there, @Cavelle,

I'd like to take a closer look at this for you. Is this happening on all transactions or are you getting reports of this from specific devices / platforms? This just helps me get more information to share with our team. Also, when you get the chance, can you please include a link to your Square Online site? I look forward to hearing from you!

Ellie
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 6

Hi @Ellie_ , That would be great. Thanks. It seems to be some transactions & not specified by any particular device/ platform. Guests that only told me & shared a screen grab mentioned that particular error. Otherwise, I prepare an invoice (if I haven’t already mentioned). I’ve also started an email inquiry with Square Canada & haven’t heard back yet. 

www.shopinheylcandle.ca

Message 3 of 6
Square Community Moderator

Hey @Cavelle, stepping in for @Ellie_

I just went to your site and was able to enter in phone number and email in. Is the error occurring when they try and place the order? Do you have a screenshot of the error message? 

Message 4 of 6

Hi @MayaP,

I really appreciate the quick following up. It seems to be sorted out - just got an order last night. Followed by an email from a Square Canada rep.

I’m still waiting for an email response from the customer, but the understanding is that once they enter the address or phone, the error would prompt.

Message 5 of 6
Admin

Hi @Cavelle

I'm glad to hear the issue was sorted - thanks for letting us know 🙂.

You're correct in saying the error message would prompt when the customer enters the address and phone number. They wouldn't be able to proceed with the order if they couldn't add their contact information.

Feel free to reach back out if this happens again in the future - we're here to help!

Message 6 of 6