x

Invoices: How do I send an estimate?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Sending estimate

I have read through some of the other post and it sounded like square was working on this a year ago.  So how am I able to send the estimate?  Only thing I see is send an invoice.

Message 1 of 134
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Invoices Quote Toggle

Hello! Square Estimates are now available! 🎉

More information about creating and sending Estimates are available in our Support Center🙂

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Devonbonnet, thanks for checking in here.

Update: Square Estimates are now available! Check out this Support Center article for the steps to send an estimate from your online Square Dashboard.

🎉

I went to look for more specifics on estimates with Android devices and it's being worked on—hopefully, it will be available in a few weeks.

Keep an eye on this thread for the latest: Beta Test Estimates for Square Invoices. Appreciate your patience, and let us know if any other questions come up. 

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 124 of 134
133 REPLIES 133
Admin

Hello @BlackRockBatter! You can use Square Invoices to send an invoice to a client. The client pays the invoice by entering their card information online.

As mentioned here, the Estimates feature is still in beta - but it's available for everyone to try from the Invoices section of your online Square Dashboard (screenshot below).

If you'd like to send estimates from an app, you can follow the steps in this other thread (which I see you've found already!) to download the Invoices* app.

*Update: the Square Invoices app is now available to everyone! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 127 of 134

Im liking the Estimates beta so far.  One thing that bugs me on estimates and invoices is not being able to add a item using the sku number. The description of the item Is the only thing that will pull up the item.  In the Android app i can type the sku number in and it will pull up the item right away.

Message 128 of 134

How do you change an estimate to an invoice...once they accept the estimate?

Message 129 of 134
Admin

@frioseastvalley You can change an estimate to an invoice from your online Dashboard or from the Invoices app. I'm adding the steps for each below!

From your online Square Dashboard:

1. Sign in and go to the Estimates section > click on the specific estimate. (Use the filters at the top to view Accepted Estimates only.)
  2. From the menu on the lower right-hand side click Convert to Invoice
  3. Review the invoice details, make any changes if needed.
  4. Click Send to send an email of the invoice to your customer.

Or to change an estimate to an invoice from the Invoices app:

1. Tap Estimates from the menu options along the bottom of the screen.
  2. Tap on the Accepted Invoice > tap Convert to Invoice
  3. Review/edit the invoice details > tap Send
️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 130 of 134

The other day I went to modify an estimate inside the android app only to find out that there is no option to create, edit or modify estimates. Estimates are only available in the desktop version. Will Estimates be available in the Android/iOS Apps? 

Message 131 of 134
Alumni

Estimates are available with the Invoices app, not the POS app. @bfmovingco

Also, moving your post from the Online Store discussion board to a relevant thread. 

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 132 of 134

I have customers that are all part of a group and I would like to send them an informational invoice and send the group administrator an invoice requesting payment.  

To further explain.  I provide product to customers that have their payroll deducted for payment.  

Message 133 of 134
Alumni

Sounds like you're looking for Square Estimates which allows you to send all the info of an invoice without requesting payment. Once the estimate is accepted by your customer, convert it into an invoice to request payment.  

How-to link posted on this thread I moved you to. Check it out up top. 

@Julie15

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 134 of 134