x

Invoices: How do I send an estimate?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Sending estimate

I have read through some of the other post and it sounded like square was working on this a year ago.  So how am I able to send the estimate?  Only thing I see is send an invoice.

Message 1 of 134
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Invoices Quote Toggle

Hello! Square Estimates are now available! 🎉

More information about creating and sending Estimates are available in our Support Center🙂

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Devonbonnet, thanks for checking in here.

Update: Square Estimates are now available! Check out this Support Center article for the steps to send an estimate from your online Square Dashboard.

🎉

I went to look for more specifics on estimates with Android devices and it's being worked on—hopefully, it will be available in a few weeks.

Keep an eye on this thread for the latest: Beta Test Estimates for Square Invoices. Appreciate your patience, and let us know if any other questions come up. 

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 124 of 134
133 REPLIES 133

Yes, I'm in the Plant/Nursery business and need to quote customers all the time.. also, the ability to put a deposit on the quote/invoice.. Should be able to quote then convert to an invoice.. and take a deposit on goods and services..  

Message 85 of 134

We would like the option to provide quotes

Message 86 of 134

This is the feature I am most waiting for.  I give a quote for EVERY item I sell as a small artisan.  Right now I am using WAVE for estimates/quotes and it transitions to an invoice easily, but I prefer using Square for invoices sue to Square's recognition in the marketplace.  It is frustrating that this option doesn't yet exist as I am constantly doing re-work to make it work for the customer.

Message 87 of 134
Beta Member

This is the only feature that holds me back from using square for my invoicing.  Whether you call them bids/quotes/estimates,  they are an essential element for a large percentage of businesses.  And considering the only difference between the square invoice and a bid is the fact that the invoice requires payment the change seems pretty minor.   Products, line items, taxes and notes are all that are necessary for a quote.

Message 88 of 134
Beta Member

I use square to help process payments for my Plumbing & Heating business.  Square is super slick for receipts and invoices, but in my business we generate a ton of "estimates" or "proposals" for work.  I would love the option to send our customer a professional estimate electronically.  Seems to me it would be just a matter of having the option to turn the "transaction" into an estimate instead of an invoice or payment...  What am I missing?  Is there any other "home services" companies that use square?  I would even be happy to pay a small fee for each Estimate...  

This seems like it would be a very simple implementation that could be done by Square without a whole lot of work... 

What do other sellers think?

Message 89 of 134

I definitely would! When doing business with schools, they have to get a quote first to get approval for purchase. Then they get the purchase order sent and then I can give them an invoice to pay. I am having to find out how to creat a quote using miscrosoft word. Really want that Creat Quote button!!

Message 90 of 134
Beta Member

This is a long overdue feature needed by Square. With many businesses, clients want a quote/estimate before committing the job. I know back in November of 2017, Square said the ability to provide Quotes was something they were working on and to expect it in 2018 but it's August already. This simple toggle option would be a huge timesaver.

Message 91 of 134
Super Seller Alumni

@rohini

Today I came across another need for this.  I have a customer wanting to book an event for September 2020.  I do NOT want them to pay this invoice until 2020 rolls around.  With sending them an invoice in place of a quote, I'm open to that happening.

Message 92 of 134
Admin

Hey @WonderTent, I'm sorry for the confusion. We aren't able to release specific information on ship dates but I'll check in with a member of the Invoices Team. If there is any other clarity that we can offer, we'll definitely let you know.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 93 of 134

We just started using the Sqaure POS for Retail and while that covers 80% of our business we do invoice some corporate customers. I think we'll have to use an excel quote prior to invoicing, all the integrations I've seen are for service based businesses and don't sync with the inventory within Square, which doesn't work for us. Love hte Beta for partial payment on invoices, that was clutch for us to be able to use Square by the way.

If you do a Beta for quotes please include us!

Message 94 of 134

why They put it "Solved" if its not?????

Message 95 of 134

Yes. This would be very helpful.

Message 96 of 134
Beta Member

very interested in a quote/invoice

Thanks

Message 97 of 134

I think Square is considering this very seriously.

Message 98 of 134

Having a quote that could then become an invoice would be amazing integration.

I currently run quotes in excel and then manually copy them over into invoice once they are approved by the customer.

In the case of square though it would be nice to have them separate from the invoices, then be able to click a button to Create Invoice so you could turn an accepted Quote into an Invoice directly.

Possibly even change the pay button to a button that allows the client to accept the Quote thus moving it towards the invoice stage.

I do most of my invoicing as a production company that does event sound and video as well as A/V support.

Message 99 of 134

I conduct sales for government entities and often times they require a quote before making a purchase. Thus far I have been creating a quote in a Word document and sending it that way.

A quote option would be a HUGE help.

Message 100 of 134

I would love this feture, infact I'm so over waiting for it I have now started looking at diffrent invoicing/payment system. I feel this is a very basic feture what would be very easy to write into the software. If Square cant provide basic function I'm sure someone else will.

Message 101 of 134
Admin

@PhilKap I'm sorry that this feature isn't available with Square Invoices yet, we'd be sorry to see you go.

Rest assured the Invoices team is still working on a solution for estimates and as soon as we have an update to share we'll post in this thread to let everyone know. I really appreciate everyone's patience in the meantime.

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 102 of 134
Alumni

Message 103 of 134
Super Seller Alumni

This message is for all of you that replied.  I've started a poll to gather some info on this.  Here's the link:
https://www.sellercommunity.com/t5/General-Discussion/Invoicing-Estimate-vs-Quote-Poll/m-p/99449#M18...

Message 104 of 134
Alumni

Message 105 of 134