x

Invoices: How do I send an estimate?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Sending estimate

I have read through some of the other post and it sounded like square was working on this a year ago.  So how am I able to send the estimate?  Only thing I see is send an invoice.

Message 1 of 134
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Invoices Quote Toggle

Hello! Square Estimates are now available! 🎉

More information about creating and sending Estimates are available in our Support Center🙂

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Devonbonnet, thanks for checking in here.

Update: Square Estimates are now available! Check out this Support Center article for the steps to send an estimate from your online Square Dashboard.

🎉

I went to look for more specifics on estimates with Android devices and it's being worked on—hopefully, it will be available in a few weeks.

Keep an eye on this thread for the latest: Beta Test Estimates for Square Invoices. Appreciate your patience, and let us know if any other questions come up. 

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 124 of 134
133 REPLIES 133

As an electrical contractor 90% of my business starts with an estimate or bid. Especially when trying to secure commercial contracts. For years I have been using 2 different apps one for estimates and invoices and square for payments. Where I love the peace of mind pulling out the card reader and accepting payment before leaving the customers property, (anyone in home services knows you'll get that one customer from time to time that "forgets" to open that email and make a paymet) but the power in my industry is to get that Estimate out to the customer, have them sign it saying that they acknowledge the terms and conditions and then being able to make the deposit. Recently the service I use for estimates and invoices has added the ability to take payment via credit card and online checks, but without hardware to be able to take payment on the spot and at a higher rate I really dont want to make that change but image is everything and if something doesnt happen soon I may just make that change.

After sending the customer the estimate it would be great that once they sign it and pay the deposit that it automatically converts to an invoice, also the ability to charge for labor in fractions, if I were to come to your house and spent two and a half hours working Im sure you would not be happy to get a bill for three hours, and I will not short myself that half hour of labor, that would add up quick from customer to customer. 

Those are my only two negatives about square, (estimating and charging for labor in fractions) I know that square says they are working on it but proof is in the pudding, and now that my business has grown and I have hired on employees I need to start thinking about ease of use, and time managment.

Message 106 of 134

Any update on this feature? My invoice tab is full of invoices that are not real invoices and sometimes people want multiple items listed out and it just adds them all together and makes the "quote" look huge. Please make this toggle feature soon!

Message 107 of 134
Admin

Not yet @WorcesterWares but we're working on it! We'll update the status of this feature request as soon as we have any news to share.

Thanks for your patience!

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 108 of 134

Is this a dead request?  Its been 2 years or more and still no feature for quoting =(

I could really use this feature, so please keep going.   Customers need to constantly be quoted and then convert to invoice.  Please get on this SquareDevTeam! Thanks!

Message 109 of 134
Admin

I have good news for you @gnarlypoolcare (and everyone else!) we are beta testing an estimates feature for Square Invoices right now! You can send an estimate to a customer by email, and even convert an estimate into an invoice. Head over to this thread for more details and to join the beta --> Beta Test Estimates for Square Invoices.

Thanks in advance for helping to test this feature! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 110 of 134
Admin

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 111 of 134
Admin

Hello! Square Estimates are now available! 🎉

More information about creating and sending Estimates are available in our Support Center🙂

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 112 of 134
Admin

Hello! Square Estimates are now available! 🎉

More information about creating and sending Estimates are available in our Support Center🙂

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 113 of 134

You can create estimates in the SQUARE INVOICES app.  All of your data transfers over from the other square app.  Very easy to start using!  It's really easy to convert an estimate to an invoice too!

Message 114 of 134

A quote would be great! I'm in chemical manufacturing and supply and I just got a request for a quote. I'm afraid that I'm just going to send the customer an invoice. 

Message 115 of 134

I would love to have a quote option as well. I book many weddings and this would be fantastic. 

Message 116 of 134
Admin

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 117 of 134

The term "Estimates" may be appropriate for the building and painting industry but in the food service industry, "Quote" is preferred. No offense to the others but when a catering client sees "estimate" they immediately assume that it's going to be more than what is stated, that's a deal killer right there. When in catering, because it's a one-time event, budgets are fairly tight and the term "quote" infers that the final cost will be what was presented and then any items that occurred after can added such as tip or last minute changes is reflected.

I have used Square Estimates and given it a title as Quote but it still shows up as an estimate. As the OP suggested and the number of folks in this thread have requested, is there any way to toggle the name or duplicate the Estimate function and name it Quote? That way both builders and foodies can be happy!

I was a programmer before I was reborn as a chef and know it's a pain but can be done. And since Square is used in a ton of food service folks, seems like a no-brainer.

Message 118 of 134
Admin

Thanks for sharing these insights into the catering industry @Edwardian! We'll update this Feature Request post if a Quote/Estimates toggle becomes available in future. 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Message 119 of 134

I’m in the same boat as you with my clients. They want Quotes not estimates. Have square come up with a solution yet? What are you doing in the meantime? I’m lost!

Message 120 of 134
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Jazzco

Welcome to the Community. 

Right now, only Estimates and Invoices are the only options available.

Adding quotes would be considered a Feature Request and I would be happy to send this over to our Product Team to let them know. 

Thank you for reaching out with this question. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 121 of 134
Super Seller Alumni

The estimates program is in beta testing at the moment.  Square posted about it a while back, and there are some beta testers out there.  I imagine you will see it in the future.

Message 122 of 134

I saw that the beta for estimates became available for iOS do you know when it will be available for Android? 

Message 123 of 134
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Devonbonnet, thanks for checking in here.

Update: Square Estimates are now available! Check out this Support Center article for the steps to send an estimate from your online Square Dashboard.

🎉

I went to look for more specifics on estimates with Android devices and it's being worked on—hopefully, it will be available in a few weeks.

Keep an eye on this thread for the latest: Beta Test Estimates for Square Invoices. Appreciate your patience, and let us know if any other questions come up. 

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 124 of 134

Whether it be available on Android or just web based on the website I'm going to use it as soon as it's available thank you I'll keep my eye out for it.

Message 125 of 134

We've been using Square for CC payments only for almost 7 years.

We are planning to upgrade or change our POS system and would like to use Square but must have quoting and invoicing capability.

Will this be available to us or is it; when will this be available to us?

Message 126 of 134