x

Invoices: How do I send an estimate?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Sending estimate

I have read through some of the other post and it sounded like square was working on this a year ago.  So how am I able to send the estimate?  Only thing I see is send an invoice.

Message 1 of 134
1 Verified Answer
Verified Answer

Re: Feature Request: Invoices Quote Toggle

Hello! Square Estimates are now available! 🎉

More information about creating and sending Estimates are available in our Support Center🙂

1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hi @Devonbonnet, thanks for checking in here.

Update: Square Estimates are now available! Check out this Support Center article for the steps to send an estimate from your online Square Dashboard.

🎉

I went to look for more specifics on estimates with Android devices and it's being worked on—hopefully, it will be available in a few weeks.

Keep an eye on this thread for the latest: Beta Test Estimates for Square Invoices. Appreciate your patience, and let us know if any other questions come up. 

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center

View Best Answer >

Message 124 of 134
133 REPLIES 133

Beating a dead horse here but this is critical for our company as well. We're a life sciences service provider and provide estimate of services before converting estimates to quotes.

We currently use Freshbooks soley for this feature. I'd like to get this all into one platform and spend my money with Square but I simply can't until we have this. 

Freshbooks has a very intuitive way that I believe Square could replicate. Effectively, the invoice and estimates are treated in the same fashion with the caveat that estimates cannot be paid upon. Once a client has agreed to an estimate, we simply hit "Convert to Invoice" and we can then take payment. This allows us to restructure estimates as much as we want until we come to an agreement and invoice the customer.

Message 64 of 134

I am in this exact same senario because of the estimates. Looking to leave Freshbooks but can't yet.

Message 65 of 134

Just adding more voices to the choir. I build and repair guitars. Square is wonderful for itemizing (with variations and modifiers) the myriad jobs I do. Jobs change as you get into them so I estimate before the final bill. Estimates convertable to invoices would be great.

Message 66 of 134

I checked out Freshbooks, Breezewoeks and Jobber. None will import my extensive items list from Square, another reason to have it all in one app

Message 67 of 134

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Quote

Is there a way to create a quote as opposed to an invoice for customers?

Thanks!

Message 68 of 134
Super Seller

Message 69 of 134
Alumni

Hey @ACAcatering!

This is definitely an interesting feature that I can see being helpful for different types of businesses outside of catering. I'll make sure to flag your post with the Invoices team to consider for future improvements. Thank you for your feedback!

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 70 of 134

I am facing the same issue.The customer needs a quote and square has no option for it. I dont understand why it needs to be integrated with jobber/others for this feature. 

It is a simple process and square should be able to take care of this. I am surprised it has not been taken care of aldready,

Message 71 of 134

Yes was thinking the samething I was just about to submit my request. I can totally benifit from this as for I am trying to centralize everything to just one system. Right now Im having to use excel to create my quotes and then invoice them via square. Hoping this can be an added feature very soon!

Message 72 of 134

I agree. I need one now - which is how I found this question. It seems tacky to use an invoice for a quote.

Message 73 of 134

Yes! I would love this! I currently have to use QB to provide quotes to my clients and it gets kind of annoying sometimes because I then I have to come back into Square and create an invoice in order to bill my clients.

Please development team consider this for all of the users, we would really appreciate it.

Message 74 of 134
Admin

Thank for sharing your interest @SupaDave and @MichiganFarmsta. I'll share your requests with the team. 

For an immediate solution you could consider using an one of Square's Invoice integrations, a few of which have estimate/quotes features

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 75 of 134

@Helen thank you I will look in to those as well, any integrations with QB?

Message 76 of 134
Admin

You're welcome! Yes there is a QuickBooks integration with Square but it's to sync sales/reporting from Square to QuickBooks. That integration doesn't include an invoices-quotes feature at this time! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 77 of 134
Super Seller

I would definatly second this idea.  We are a bakery and sometimes do large orders.  If you offer invoiceing, why not offer the ability to make up a quote, which can be modified and turned into an invoice very simply.  It would benefit square because I would be much more likely to send a square invoice due to simplicity. 

Message 78 of 134

We could definitely use a quote feature.  As a bike repair business, customers often want an estimate and saving a quote for them would be perfect as there is often a delay between the request and when we do the work.

Message 79 of 134
Alumni

Hi @BDMGC - Thanks for sharing your use case. I'll pass it along to the Invoices team. 

Message 80 of 134

This would be an awesome addition Square!

-Bob

Message 81 of 134

I would love this option as well. It would defintiely be a big win for the the software and users alike!

Message 82 of 134

Yes, I would use it for sure! What I’ve been doing is enlarging the invoice showing only the part I want seen then screenshot then copy and paste to email, a real pain.

Message 83 of 134

I strongly agree I was looking for a way to send a quote as well. This feature would give us more flexibility to convert customers, can you please add a reminder button as an easy follow-up option as well. Thank You

Message 84 of 134