x
MurrayCorps

Is Square available in New Zealand

I read an article that advised Square was able to accept Credit Card processing in New Zealand. Now that I have signed up, the website is saying this is not the case. Which is correct ?

If Not, when will Square processing be available ?

Also, will Square be able to process EftPos payments ?

Message 1 of 10
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
VanKalkerFarms Super Seller

Re: Is Square available in New Zealand

Best Answer

Square is not currently available in New Zealand.  Square operates in US, Canada, Japan, Australia, and the United Kingdom.

as for EFTPOS payments, they aren't currently available in Australia but they hope to have it sometime but there is no timeline.  https://squareup.com/help/au/en/article/5665-can-i-accept-eftpos-cards

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
VanKalkerFarms Super Seller

Best Answer

Square is not currently available in New Zealand.  Square operates in US, Canada, Japan, Australia, and the United Kingdom.

as for EFTPOS payments, they aren't currently available in Australia but they hope to have it sometime but there is no timeline.  https://squareup.com/help/au/en/article/5665-can-i-accept-eftpos-cards

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 10
BrianNZ

I have used square up in Australia (not much as cash IS king LOL🤣 ) but now I’ve moved my business to New Zealand and like many others I want to continue using SQUARE UP as it is the BEST option for mobile businesses. If it can be done in Australia it can be done in NZ

Message 3 of 10
Still

I see that Square is available if you couple with Xero but this makes it expensive.  I used Square in Australia and would also like to use it here in NZ.  Has anyone used Square on its own without the Xero link?

Message 4 of 10
Admin

Hey @Still,

Thanks for getting in touch!

At the moment Square is not available in NZ for card processing, whether or not you have a Xero account linked to your Square account.

You can use Square as a free Point of Sale app in NZ to track sales and run your business - the Xero link will allow you to feed transaction data recorded on Square's POS into Xero for record keeping purposes, however it won't allow you to process card payments.

Square is currently available for card processing in the USA, Canada, Japan, Australia and the UK. I'm happy to pass on your feedback to our product team though, as we do track demand for Square as a card processor in other countries.

All the best!

Message 5 of 10
kirstymorison

I'm another NZer who has used Square in Canada and now wish I coulkd use it now that i have relocated back home to NZ! What are the chances anytime soon? Thanks Kirsty

Message 6 of 10
Admin

Hey @kirstymorison,

Thanks for reaching out.

Unfortunately we have no current plans to expand into NZ for card processing.

That said, we'd ultimately love to be available as a payment processor to as many people as possible, so while it's not in our short term plans, we're not going to rule it out as a possibility in the future.

Message 7 of 10
MERKABANZ

How about NZ now? We are tired of paymarks rip off prices, eftpos nz's backwards ways. Surely you can find a payment processer separate from the usual corrupt suspects to use. NZ sellers and merchants want this service. 

Message 8 of 10
Admin

Hey @MERKABANZ,

Thanks for reaching out!

We've got nothing new to announce in regards to Square being available in NZ as a payment processor unfortunately. As usual, we're tracking all feedback though!

Message 9 of 10
logangorilla

Square is desperately needed in New Zealand!  🙂

Please make it happen!

Message 10 of 10