x
Admin

Live Q&A: Ask us anything about verifying your identity for your Square account!

Hello Seller Community!

To allow your business to accept card payments, Square is required to perform a series of checks to verify your identity and your business. As your business evolves, we also need to stay up to date to provide you the best financial services. We strive to make it fast and easy while fulfilling our regulatory and payment network obligations.

With that, we want to hear from you:

• What do you think of our payment onboarding experience?
  • What suggestions would you give to improve the experience?

On Monday, April 24, we'll welcome @laylaliang and @lanj from the Trusted Identity team for a question & answer session! Their team is eager to learn about how they can help you get started quickly as well as answer any questions you may have.

Square-Registerpng.jpg

To participate in this discussion, post your questions and feedback below in advance, and be on the lookout for a "Best Answer" summary post that covers the main takeaways from this discussion. We look forward to hearing from you.

We're unable to share account-specific details within our online forums, though information on your experience will be helpful as we continue to make improvements. For account questions, please contact the Customer Success team directly.

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27

I found it very frustrating when I tried to set up my Square account. I have been a Trust since 1985, and do not have a clue where my original Trust Deed exists - probably with my ex accountants! There must be a better way! I now have a Square but cannot use it. 

Message 22 of 28
Square

Thanks, @Beaver. Weโ€™re sorry to hear youโ€™re having difficulties. To abide by regulation, we must verify your Trust which includes a copy of your signed Trust. You can read more about signing up with a Trust ABN here: Sign Up for Square with a Trust ABN.

Message 23 of 28

It would be good if there "Payers" name would apprear on the bank statement,

Message 24 of 28

I'm surprised you're asking for feedback.

All the responses here are already informing you how bad your verification process is from the customer's perspective; and, quite frankly, they are correct. I gave up after it taking way too much time. I'm the CEO of an Olympic sport. We are not a fly-by-night operation. Your verification requirements are obsequious. Get some help. You need it.

Message 25 of 28
Square Community Moderator

We regularly use the forum to gather feedback and communicate with Square users, @CEO_WPQ

You get four tries to verify your identity, and if you failed while using your license, for example, we recommend using your passport or Medicare card when going through this step again. This can be done in-app or via the dashboard; entering your information digitally should only take a few minutes. You'll also find this guide useful when troubleshooting the verification process. Please let us know how you go!

Message 26 of 28

I did the initial ID checks ok but then was asked for additional information and was given 5 days to submit. This was an account for a charity which has 9x directors, so it has taken some time to collect all their IDs. So transfers have been suspended. Can the the 5 days allowed by Square to collect the additional info be extended? as 5 days is way too short an amount of time

Message 27 of 28
Square Community Moderator

While we're not able to extend the five-day time frame, your transfers will be released as soon as we've reviewed the additional information requested, @TMac15. Generally, this only takes 1-2 business days, and you can continue to accept payments while your account is under review. 

Message 28 of 28