x

Locking Pin?

We've been using the original stand for several years.  This week I upgraded to the new stand and new iPad.  I was shocked to see that the screw pin is now gone,  and anyone can easily pull the new pin out and remove the iPad.  Is there some type of locking pin or screw I can replace the new spring loaded pin with,  to prevent someone from easily running off with my iPad. 

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Admin

Hey @kevindlew, welcome to the seller community!

Thanks for bringing this up. We did change the new Stand design to include a security pin instead of a screw — many sellers requested the ability to be able to remove the iPad without having to rely on an additional tool. For now, if you have any security concerns — you may want to consider locking up your iPad at the end of the day.

Rest assured that we do take our sellers' feedback seriously, especially when it has to do with security, and I'll be sure to share your experience with our Product Liaison team. Please don't hesitate to reply with any other questions or concerns about this.

️ Tom | he/him
Seller Community Manager | Square, Inc.
Find step-by-step help in our Support Center
Message 2 of 8

So you're saying there is no way to lock the ipad into the POS stand now? If not, is there an aftermarket product that would work w/ the POS stand?

Message 3 of 8
Alumni

Hey @arcosanti - The current security pin still keeps the iPad locked to the stand. The previous screw we had required a tool to remove it and many Sellers requested that we change that. The pin allows for eas removal compared to the screw, but it still requires enough of a hindrance that makes it difficult for the iPad to get stolen.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer
Message 4 of 8

I need to purchase a new tool to remove the screw, ours was lost in a move. HELP?

Message 5 of 8
Admin

Hi @GFCnetwork- If you reach out to our Support Team, they can get one on the way for you!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 6 of 8

Thank you! I have reached out to Isabelle. She is awesome! 

Message 7 of 8
Admin

I agree @GFCnetwork🙂

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 8 of 8