x

MassageBook application fee?

I have been using square for years.

Recently I have noticed that when my clients purchase through massage book-which square is an option for charging-there is this application fee along with the usual processing fee.

What is this fee and why am I being charged?

thanks

Message 1 of 12
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi @stresswaived 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Good to hear from you.

So sorry for the confusion and trouble here involving your MassageBook integration. While we can confirm that Square Appointments does not charge any extra application or booking fee, we unfortunately cannot guarantee that third-party applications do not have hidden or associated fees.

I am not specifically versed in the MassageBook product, but it looks like they do charge a fee for certain users. If you have questions concerning their fees, we would recommend reaching out to them for more information.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Best Answer

Hi @stresswaived 👋 Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Good to hear from you.

So sorry for the confusion and trouble here involving your MassageBook integration. While we can confirm that Square Appointments does not charge any extra application or booking fee, we unfortunately cannot guarantee that third-party applications do not have hidden or associated fees.

I am not specifically versed in the MassageBook product, but it looks like they do charge a fee for certain users. If you have questions concerning their fees, we would recommend reaching out to them for more information.

Joe
Message 2 of 12

Hello there. Did we ever find out what this was? I am seeing it now as of this month and I have also been with MB for years. I usually only see a MB fee when it is the automatic charge for a membership plus the card processing fee from Square. The "appplication fee" only shows on the Square transfer report. I am reaching out to MB also.

Thank You, Jessica

Message 3 of 12

Welcome to the Community, @fchmbllc

I don't have any information regarding the fees on MassageBook's application, but Appointments still doesn't have a fee for the integration. 

Once you hear more information from them, please come back and post.

Thank you! 

Kassi
Message 4 of 12

Thank You. The fee in question is only showing on my Square transfer reports, not in Massage Book. There is always the usual Square card processing fee showing taken out on my Massage Book end but there is an additional fee showing on Square's. That is the one I am questioning.

Message 5 of 12

Ah okay, @fchmbllc. Thank you for clarifying! 

Could you add a screenshot of where you're seeing this additional fee, so I can take a look? 

I will keep an eye out for your reply👀

Kassi
Message 6 of 12

Good Morning. I can't seem to figure out how to add a screen shot. It says I don't have permission to upload images? A dialog box pops up when I try asking for a source, description, dimensions, constrain proportions but no option to select from my computer. No drop down menus for any of the details or to upload the pic. And when I simply try to paste instead, it says I don't have permission. I have four transfers showing this additional fee so far. 

Message 7 of 12

Trying a different browser and getting the same thing. I am not familiar with this method of adding a screen shot.

Message 8 of 12

Appreciate you giving it a try, @fchmbllc.

Normally, there wouldn't be an additional fee when it comes to integrating with another platform. 

Do you use Instant Transfers? This would cause another fee. 

Kassi
Message 9 of 12

TY.

It should not be instant. I have never set it up like that. It usually shows up the next day or so. And I just noticed this fee happening this month. All transactions until today. The one that went in today looks to be correct so far. And there does not seem to be a pattern. It happens to the automatic charges for memberships and the ones that are prepaid online by the client and the ones that are charged on site at the time of the appt. Massage Book has been trying to look into it for a few days now too. I also sent a request to Square for assistance outside of this thread but have not heard anything back so far.

Message 10 of 12

This does sound odd, @fchmbllc. And you don't have any other sales taxes or fees set on your items? 

If not, I am going to recommend reaching out to our CS Team directly. They can look into this a bit deeper to see where the mysterious fee is coming from. 

You can use this number: 1-855-700-6000. They are available Monday to Friday from 8am to 8pm CST. 

Kassi
Message 11 of 12

Will do. Thank You for your help.

Message 12 of 12