x

Missing money

Am i the only one who charges cards and then doesnt receive the amounts i charged in my square balance? Right now theres about $250 unaccounted for and the square messaging team cant explain it. Even worse now my account is randomly under review for what? Square doesnt think im really a tow truck company? Ive paid them $500 in fees in the last 5 months and im actively searching for a replacement system.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Super Seller

Which report or reports are you looking at?  A balance report will only show what sales you made through Credit Card transactions.  Then from your sale Square Subtracts its fee and Loan payments if you have a loan with Square.  Another possibility is since you are a Tow Truck operator and are mobile, maybe when you take a payment you do not have a strong internet connection and then process the sale off line.  I also have seen that some people when processing a payment forget to hit the New Sale after completing a sale which basically erases the previous sale.  Now I have not had any missing transactions and do not work for square, so I have no way to check your account and you would need to contact Square on Tuesday.  Now since you contacted Square about this problem maybe they froze your account to keep money going to a wrong account.   If you click Reports at the bottom of your device you can see all your sales, Balance as I stated will only show what Square took in as Credit Card Payments to you.  You can export your sales by csv and open them with excel or google sheets and see if you have the correct amounts as to what you should have.  Each transaction from Square gets a Transaction Number, Payment Number, and Deposit ID.... cash and Credit Card.    You can go here on a computer and download your Transactions or Transaction Summary or Item Details to see what Square has recorded for payments you took.  https://squareup.com/dashboard/sales/transactions 

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 7

ok so update the $150 i ran on a credit card june 26 still has never been deposited into my square balance. The $97.** i ran yesterday just posted today even though it should have been in the balance 5 minutes after running the card. The $120 i ran monday only $99 of it was deposited. its suppossed to be $115. still waiting on that to fix itself. Square has not made any withdrawls from my account that i can see that i wasnt already aware of and my account it not frozen because i received 2 deposits into my balance today on a sunday. ive already attempted to contact square about this so im not going to try again. The support team is completely worthless when the problem is on their end and not user error.

Message 3 of 7
Super Seller

@kittswrecker ;

From Square Dashboard go to:

Transactions  Then choose the date of the Transaction....ie 6-26-2022 in the top left

This will give you a list of transactions for that date.

You should be able to see the type of card used (visa etc) the time and on the right search for the amount in Question ie $120.  Click on that transaction and it will show you a receipt, scroll through the receipt and at the bottom it will show you the total charged to your customers card, below that it will show you the fees for that transaction and total transferred to you.  Fees for Tapped Dipped as a % and then a one time charge then the total for that receipt deposited to you.  If these do not add up to what you are expecting call square with the information you can get from this receipt.... Transaction ID, Payment ID and Deposit ID, they might be able to explain better why the numbers are not matching.  Did you do an instant transfer? An instant transfer deducts from you deposited amount also.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 4 of 7
Super Seller

I've used square for 9.5 years and I've never had money missing. Are you certain the sales are going thru? is your network connection good?

My Girlfriend's Wardrobe est. 2012

Preston & jayne est. 2023

Downtown York Pa

Square user since 2012
Message 5 of 7

certain as a heart attack. It is just flat out missing money never put into square balance. i can go back and look at the charge however much i want to i can even refund it. Occurred on Jun 26th that sunday.

Message 6 of 7

Ive been using square since 2016. This is the first year this has ever been a problem. Seems to me square made some changes that are the problem like to software or their policies. Not sure which but they need to revert back to what worked. Missing money is a big thing. It doesnt go un noticed and it can spell out big trouble later down the line. Ill probably end up charging this off on my taxes but then they will have to explain where it went when they have to pay taxes on that income.

Message 7 of 7