x

Multi-Day Schedule Blocking

Hi,

I’d like to request the feature of multi-day blocking, to be added to Square Appointments. 

I own my own photography business. And, that’s what I utilize Square Appointments for. But, I also have a full-time job. It would be awesome if there were a more efficient way to block hours of several days, at a time. So, that I can enter my work schedule in, without going day by day, to show I’m unavailable during those particular hours. 

Thanks!

Message 1 of 11
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @Helevelsmeup - I have a couple of questions to make sure I'm understanding your needs correctly. Are you looking to have these blocked hours recurring? As in, are the blocked hours you're looking to set up occur at the same time each week? I gave a visual example of what that looks like in the form of lunch breaks here. You can tweak it so that it's not the same hours repeating everyday by adjusting the Frequency. For example, you can set it so that you have certain hours blocked off every Monday, different hours every Tuesday, etc.

If this isn't along the lines of what you are asking for or you need some more clarification on how to go about it, feel free to give more details and we can help point you in the right direction.

Puka - She/They
Seller Community UX Designer

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Alumni

Best Answer

Hey @Helevelsmeup - I have a couple of questions to make sure I'm understanding your needs correctly. Are you looking to have these blocked hours recurring? As in, are the blocked hours you're looking to set up occur at the same time each week? I gave a visual example of what that looks like in the form of lunch breaks here. You can tweak it so that it's not the same hours repeating everyday by adjusting the Frequency. For example, you can set it so that you have certain hours blocked off every Monday, different hours every Tuesday, etc.

If this isn't along the lines of what you are asking for or you need some more clarification on how to go about it, feel free to give more details and we can help point you in the right direction.

Puka - She/They
Message 2 of 11

Hi! That’s pretty much what I’m looking for. The ability to get block off my full-time job schedule, for the week. Without going to each day, one by one and doing it that way. It seems that’s exactly what I need. But, must currently only be available on the online dashboard. Because I do not see this capability in the app. 

Message 3 of 11
Admin

👋 Hello @Helevelsmeup! Yes that's right, at this time you can only create a recurring personal event from your online Square Dashboard. We're tracking the request to do this from the app here. We'll change the status on that post to let you know if this feature is also available from the app in future!  

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 4 of 11

How do I put a standing personal event,same time of everyday without having to manually do it for each day? That would take me forever! 

Message 5 of 11
Alumni

Hi @jones13 - I've merged your post with a thread on a similar topic. Check out my answer above for more information on how to create a standing time block. Let us know if you have any follow up questions.

Puka - She/They
Message 6 of 11

This reply created from merging an existing thread: "how do you block time" The author has been notified via email.

i only take 2 appointments a day soo how would i block most of the day and only let custumers be able to book on the 2 time frams that i offer like i only book for 530pm to 640pm then 645 to 820pm ?

Message 7 of 11

When I went to set up my business hours on the App I tried to make it so that Im open every other Saturday. At the bottom it says "Customize your availability. To adjust your hours for a single day (instead of an ongoing basis) visit your calendar on Square Dashboard". But when I go to my dashboard I dont see anywhere where I can do this. Do I have to just manually go to every other Saturday and open up the hours or is there a better way to do this? Thanks!

Message 8 of 11
Alumni

Hey @doll_1957 - There isn't a way to do this through the Business Hours settings. However, a workaround would be to create a Personal Event that blocks off the entire day and set the Frequency for every two weeks. Check out my answer above for more information including a visual of what repeating time blocks look like.

If you need any further clarification, just let us know!

Puka - She/They
Message 9 of 11

Hi, I would like to create reoccurring days off Sunday and Monday blocked from booking availability. How do I set that up?

Message 10 of 11
Square Community Moderator

Hi @Jessica-H Welcome to the Community 🎉

From the Square dashboard, click on Appointments > Calendar > Edit Availability then click the tab for Recurring Schedule. Make sure the boxes for Sunday and Monday are unchecked, and the times greyed out. 

Message 11 of 11