x

New Square Online Store with Existing Weebly Customer

I'll try to make this as clear as possible, but it may help to reference my website amdsoap.com for clearer understanding.

My current website uses Weebly website builder (to my own domain). However I don't have enough online sales to justify spending several hundred dollars a year for the full business package, so I downgraded after trying it for a year. I've now set up my website so that my store page is an external link to my Square store.

The problem I have now is that I can't login to the new store integration, I get this message:

While we work to make our Square inventory sync feature available to existing Weebly users, you can update your website by logging in here.

Which takes me to Weebly login, which takes me to the website builder dashboard... which does absolutely nothing to help me for the new store integration.

Do I need to create new accounts for Square and Weebly? I really don't want to upgrade my Weebly account, because my business isn't enough to support it.

Do I need to cancel my Weebly account and use only the new Square? I'm ok with this expense as it's about the same price to use my domain as Weebly is, but I'm not ok with having to rebuild all of my content.

Message 1 of 29
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hey! Thanks for posting and I believe I have the solution. You should be able to log out of your Weebly Account and then try to link your Online site to our new Weebly Powered Online Site by going to your Square Online Overview Page Online Store > Go to your new online store. This will take you to a Weebly page edit, but it will be linked directly to your Square account. Many of our features will sync up for free, so you should not need to pay right away. You can also check what comes in our free tier and our paid tiers here.

For quick reference on pricing, our paid tiers are:

• Free Site - $0/month
  • "Professional" tier - $12/month
  • "Performance" tier - $26/month
  • "Premium" tier - $72/month 

Let me know if you have any other questions!!

AshleyK
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 29
28 REPLIES 28

Hi, I've been looking. I see a lot of people asking how to switch back to square. I on the other hand would LOVE to get back my Weebly store. I chose new store for my beauty products and ended up with Square. I have way too many products & to many foot traffic to do this 1 at a time. Weebly has been out so long on their own doing well without the confusion for us that love using it, to begin now. Please don't tell me that there's no way to go back, because that'll suck. Because I'm not going to get the same name I have now because it'll be in use while I start a weebly domain search. We are in 2020 there's just gotta be a way, else you'll be telling me we're back in Steve Jobs garage or something.🤦🤷

TIA

Message 22 of 29
Admin

Hello @Shani

I moved your question to this thread where @AshleyK walks through the steps of getting your Weebly Store set up through Square. Her directions should put you on the right path of getting everything back up and running again.

Keep in touch if you have other questions!

Bea_
Beta Community Manager, Square
Join the Beta Community
Evaluate | Influence | Engage
Message 23 of 29

I think my message got .issread somewhere in there. I don't want to get to square space. I want to get my square store back to a weebly store. I don't really like square for a store. I don't mind but first appointments, cleaning business. But not for my ecommerce store. I love my old weebly.

Message 24 of 29
Beta Member

@Amdsoap you can keep your own domain and use it  and have it "point" to your weebly site.  This is a bit complicated to explain here and I will have some questions.  I have my own domain www.bmb.beer through Godaddy and my square site is buy-beer-and-wine.square.site

I can talk you through this so feel free to contact  my business line at 231-881-2231. 

Vickie  - Burnt Marshmallow Brewstillery and Rudbeckia Winery

Message 25 of 29

@Rudbeckia yes that's what I do. I use Weebly to create my own website directed to my domain, and my store page (on my domain) directs to the external link for the square store. You can see how I do it at amdsoap.com thanks for the offer of help but I resolved my login issue a different way.

Message 26 of 29

Hi Rudbeckia, I too have had a Weebly website/store since 2009 and loved the way it worked.  Yesterday I discovered that my "ecommerce/store" tab in Weebly was gone so I cannot view order history.  It redirects me to Square and there's nothing in the order history on Square.  I know my site is working because I placed a personal order last night.  I received the payment but the order does now show up in my Square order history and I don't have any shipping options now on either site.  The emails are working so I can manually ship orders thru another service but I just want the same accessibility I had with Weebly that I had before.  The last 36 hours have been extremely frustrating.  I spent an extra $195 to upgrade to Weebly business plus since the options it claims I would have included the services I was used to having yet I still don't have the functionality. I am now supposed to be able to get a pin for phone support but that's not working either.  I'm looking for help.  I own my domain thru GoDaddy too.  If you believe you can help me I would love to speak with you!  Thank you

Message 27 of 29
Beta Member

I have the same issue. My website has been established through weebly for 5 years and I use Square for transactions.  Now Square wants me to upgrade to a site to list my products.  I would rather just integrate and it connect to my website.

Message 28 of 29

Our business uses a weebly website, but apparently a Square Professional Plan & it says I have to upgrade to Plus for $365/yr to keep the same features??? I am paying to use square thru weebly, so why would I now have to pay for Square for features I have? That is about double what I paid for the website, so I am a super frustrated business customer, especially since we get maybe 3 online orders/yr thru our website & therefore cannot justify another $365. Please help.

Message 29 of 29