x
Super Seller

Online Store (new one) - 86ing modifiers?

Greetings,

First I have to say how much I’m loving the new online store.  It came at the right time with nearly all of the right bells and whistles.  So thanks to all.  Now to a question/request.

I know how to temporarily make online store items unavailable/hidden if I run out.  But, at this point, the only way I can seem to make modifier options unavailable/hidden seems to be to delete them from the modifier list and then re-add them when I have them back in stock.  Are there plans to give us the same capability to make modifier options “unavailable/hidden” as we have for items?  Or am I missing this capability somewhere?

Thank you,

Chip

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है
Message 1 of 22
2 Best Answers
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Welcome to the Community, @kyleweber

Currently, modifiers are not linked to your inventory, so it won't have the out of stock option like a standard item. 

I do have a work around that you could try. If you use item variations instead of modifiers they will take away from your stock & wouldn't show whenever the stock is out. 

Take a look at this Support Article with more information on item variations. 

Please let me know if you have any other questions. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 5 of 22
Super Seller

Best Answer

@TabithaBettina (and everyone else on this thread).  

***MODIFIED POST after a reply from @tulanejeff below***

There is an active beta for marking modifiers out of stock in Restaurants.  Anyone who wants to join should go here and ask to join, since they are recruiting.  My apologies for the earlier post with some less-than-correct information, and thanks to @tulanejeff for pointing my error out!

Chip

If my answer resolves your issue, please take a minute to mark it as Best Answer. That helps people who find this thread in the future.

Piper’s Ice Cream Bar, Covington KY USA
Website
Facebook
Click here to see a list of third-party apps I use to add functionality to my Square account!

जो है सो है

View Best Answer >

Message 11 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Beta Member

We would love this feature as well!

Message 22 of 22