x

Pre Order

I want to avoid the overwhelm of online ordering that happened last season with a hot item I was selling. I thought that by making a modifier with the dates of every Thursday through mid December would be the best way. This way I forced the customer to have to select one of those Thursdays as a pick up date. Well that didn't work because at some point during the customers online cart it asked when they would like to pick up their order. So the customer showed up yesterday for her order even though she selected Sept 30th as pick up. Her response was, well it asked me if I wanted to pick it up sooner. I want to avoid these angry customers in my store. 

I see several threads regarding allowing the customer to select a pick up date but I don't see any solutions. Can anyone chime in and help me get around this so I can keep my sanity. Is there a way to do this now or do you have any suggestions you can pass on to me. Thank you so much!

Message 1 of 8
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

At this time I don't have any updates regarding Pre-Orders besides inviting you to the Beta Group that will be testing this feature @bbutler222

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 8 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Super Seller

From https://squareup.com/dashboard/

click Online

click pickup and delivery

Click edit to the right of your location

click edit on order timing settings

here you can turn off scheduling and auto pickup times.

Message 2 of 8

Thank you VanKalkerFarms. The only problem with this is if I remove pickup times all together the customers can not order. It won't allow you to access the online items.

Message 3 of 8
Beta Member

Have you found any work arounds yet?  I have a few products that I would like to have pre-orders for a certain date but can't seem to figure out a way yet.

Message 4 of 8
Beta Member

Square, this is what we need. PRE ORDERS for pickups on a specific day, orders that can be placed on whatever date before the pickup time. Pre orders. Pre orders. 

Message 5 of 8

Thank you for taking the time to share your interest in this feature @DebbyPortillo I recommend you submit a Feature Request here. This will help our product team get visibility and track other Sellers' interest in your request.

Important: When submitting a request, make sure to include the desired feature, and provide the details of how this feature will help your business succeed (how would you use it and what you expect from it).

JJ
Message 6 of 8

Any solution to this issue with pre order pick up dates? It's the holidays and one day before Black Friday. This should be something we have as an option. Pre-orders this time of year are essential to my business as I am an ice cream store and it's 30 degrees out. Gifts during the holidays helps my bottom line. Please Square make this happen.

Message 7 of 8

Best Answer

At this time I don't have any updates regarding Pre-Orders besides inviting you to the Beta Group that will be testing this feature @bbutler222

JJ
Message 8 of 8