x
Admin

Q&A with the Customers team: How can we meet your business branding needs?

Hello Seller Community — we want to hear from you!

I'm thrilled to invite you to this Q&A session focused on business owners who are looking to take their brand to new heights with Square. On March 15, we will host a discussion within this thread where you can share your insights on how we can improve Square products to help you elevate your brand.

Joining us for this discussion is @skhan, a seasoned product manager on the Customers team. With her prior experience in branding and strong seller empathy, Sarah understands the challenges that come with managing branding features, such as adding logos and customising receipts. She and her team are working to enhance the branding experience, and they want to hear from you

How to participate — we would love to know more about:

• Branding-related tasks that take up too much time to complete.
  • Branding-related tasks that you cannot accomplish with the current set of Square tools.

Click Reply below to make your post ahead of time, and we will do our best to respond to as many posts as possible on Wednesday, March 15! After the event, we will summarise your questions and responses about your “tasks” in a follow-up post!

computers-room-storagepng_Medium_res.jpg

Note on account-specific questions: For your privacy and security, we are not able to address issues related to specific account status details in our public forums. If you need account assistance, please contact the Customer Success team and they'll be able to take a deeper dive.

Tra | she/her
Community Engagement Program Manager, Square
Have a burning question to ask in our Question of the Week? Share it with us!
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Super Seller

I'd like to see customization, or better customization of all customer interactions:

POS backgrounds (my background upload to my register customer facing screen doesn't work on my terminal), email templates, better receipt customization, the landing page of the marketing signup is simply terrible - If this is customisable I can't find it).

Bruce

Bruce Wilson
Owner | Vigneron | Distiller
Message 2 of 10

I can’t find it either.  No clear way to set this up. A tutorial would be good 

Message 3 of 10
Square

Hi @SuzieMBK - Thanks for sharing this feedback! These options are not currently available. We understand important to have clear tutorials and help articles available and will work to improve this as we roll out new improvements in the future.

Sarah Khan
Message 4 of 10
Square

Hi @lawnbrook - Thanks for sharing your feedback with us! We understand where you are coming from and agree that more customization across all customer-facing touchpoints is something that would benefit from improvements. We are looking into ways to improve our branding customization options to better meet seller needs across all customer surfaces. Each instance of feedback like this helps us determine prioritization for improvements.

Sarah Khan
Message 5 of 10

I agree on a tutorial and also a sizing document to give us the dimensions of everything so it's an easy prep to get the graphics ready to load in and go. Thank you.

Message 6 of 10
Square

Hi @AmandaAF - Thank you for this feedback. We will take this into consideration and work on providing better “how to” support for graphics.

Sarah Khan
Message 7 of 10

It's not offered because they want to take their cut. The same issue with PayPal. I also had trouble matching the colour background on my invoice to my brand colour. It wouldn't allow a custom colour. That was years ago, not sure if it's changed but all these problems are pretty obvious. Why waste time and money asking us all these things that Square are probably aware of but do nothing about. Too busy looking at ways to get more of our hard earned dollars while they just sit back on auto pilot and do virtually nothing for us. Just take their percentage of every transaction.

Message 8 of 10
Square

Hi @ausworkshop - Thank you for sharing this experience with us about the limited colour support. We have been working to make improvements. Invoices does support color to some extent now, and we are exploring additional improvements for the future.

Sarah Khan
Message 9 of 10
Beta Member

As a service based business I would really love deposits to be made. No show protection isn’t enough for me. Clients can easy empty their account and I go without the cancellation/no show fee. 

Would also love more options for website building. 

Message 10 of 10