x

Square and WooCommerce, annoying postcode verification problem?

so last year i tried the woocommerce plugin and it worked great, except one of the required fields was a verification postcode. whether that was the customers current postcode or the postcode they were at when they registered the card or the postcode of the branch that issued the card, I could never figure out. so i gave up on Square completely because customers don't always know the postcode of the branch of the bank that issued the card that they ordered online. paypal made more sense even though they charge 0.7% more and don't automatically issue funds. 

i'm just wondering if this issue was ever fixed. It would be nice if it didn't require a verification postcode at all, it just turns off leads right when they are about to purchase something. It'd be nice if i could reliably use Square for my woocommerce websites and with my card reader in person.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Admin

Hey @SellerMonster,

Thanks for getting in touch!

The postcode requirement is actually on the WooCommerce end rather than the Square end. Australian Square accounts don't require a postcode to be entered to process a "card not present" transaction. To seek further assistance on this, you'll need to get in touch with WooCommerce support. They may be able to provide some advice as to how to turn off this feature.

All the best!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Hi @SellerMonster - did you ever solve this problem?

Message 3 of 3