x
Highlighted

Square for Restaurants in Canada?

How can we activate the restaurant app on our Square POS set-up? I don't see this as an option?

Message 1 of 9
1 Best Answer

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Register work with Square for Restaurants?

Best Answer

Hey @JPWilkinson, Square for Restaurants is only available in the United States at this time. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @JPWilkinson, Square for Restaurants is only available in the United States at this time. 

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 9
Highlighted

Do you know when it might be available in Canada?  I would be interested

Message 3 of 9
Highlighted
Admin

Hey @freshpaula - No ETA to share at this time, but we'll make sure to announce if that changes in the future!

Message 4 of 9
Highlighted

This reply was created from merging an existing thread: Register work with Square for Restaurants?

Any ETA on Square POS for Restaurants in Canada? Would love this ability.

Thanks!

Message 5 of 9
Highlighted

Is there a Restaurant Pos In Canada

I was wondering if there is restaurants pos for canada yet ? 

Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
Admin

Re: Is there a Restaurant Pos In Canada

Hello @ISTSNACKBAR! The Square for Restaurants app isn't available in Canada yet but you can use the Square Point of Sale app for your restaurant/snack bar in the meantime.

With the Square POS app you can create an item library, manage orders with open tickets, and connect supported hardware including kitchen and receipt printers.

I hope this helps but if you have a specific question about using Square for your business you might try to search the Community or start a new thread so we can help! 

Message 7 of 9
Highlighted

Is there any timeline on this being available in Canada?

We have enjoyed using Square for all of our business processing and are now adding  full bar to our menu and it would be nice to stay in the same app.

Very frustrating that it's been available in the US from years and the second rate customers to the north are getting looked over.

Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
Admin

Hi there, @WestOfThe5TH - thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you join us here.

And thanks for adding your voice in support of the Restaurants feature in Canada. Our Product Teams are actively working towards bringing Canadian based accounts into the Restaurants fold, but we don't have a shareable timeline just yet. Should anything come down the pipeline, we will share the news first here on this thread.

Thanks for your patience!

Message 9 of 9