x
Beta Member

Square online - free shipping on one category

Hi

I'm setting up my online store and I would like to offer free shipping on some items or a category of items.

Is this possible? The only thing I can find or think of is to add a crazy weight to an item and allocate free shipping on that basis as a workaround and then edit all the items in a category. Or am I missing something?

Thanks in advance

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @blueflowerart,

Thanks for reaching out!

I took a further look into this and unfortunately shipping rates are not able to be applied on a per item or per category basis.

It looks like they can be applied based on value, weight or total item amount - a workaround could indeed be to create a weight based rate then set the items to be.

Another one might be to share a discount coupon, which you can base on items/categories - I recommend checking this out as well!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Admin

Best Answer

Hey @blueflowerart,

Thanks for reaching out!

I took a further look into this and unfortunately shipping rates are not able to be applied on a per item or per category basis.

It looks like they can be applied based on value, weight or total item amount - a workaround could indeed be to create a weight based rate then set the items to be.

Another one might be to share a discount coupon, which you can base on items/categories - I recommend checking this out as well!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 2 of 4
Beta Member

Thank you for your reply. I ended up creating a coupon.

It would be nice to have a "sale" option to use instead of coupons.

Message 3 of 4
Admin

I'll pass on this feedback @blueflowerart!

Seamus
Square, Australia
Message 4 of 4