x

Waitlist Messaging Issue

I'm currently using the wait list beta for my barbershop and running into issues responding to the clients that are on the wait list. Usually, when reaching out to clients, squares internal messaging works wonderfully however it does not let me message from the wait list. It will prompt this message "SMS messages can be sent as a reply to your customers message" or sometimes it will say they have unsubscribed from receiving notifications. I've reached out to ask clients if they indeed did unsubscribe and they have not. I would prefer to message clients with squares internal messaging and would like to know if there is any way to fix what is happening with the wait list? I understand its a beta program 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Square Community Moderator

Hey there, @Roughnecks

Thank you for bringing this issue you're having with the Waitlist Beta. I went ahead and spoke with the Beta team regarding what you're seeing. From what they had said, this is acting as it should. You're only able to reply when a customer reaches out instead of initiating. 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 4

So, In order to reply to the client, I have to leave the waitlist, go to their profile and either directly text them (not preferred) or if the system allows, message them? I feel the waitlist feature would benefit greatly from being able to message directly from the waitlist with squares internal messaging system.  Or if the client “reaching out” was the waitlist request, starting by the communication between us and them. Thanks for the response, hopefully my request makes sense.. the waitlist feature is a great idea.

Message 3 of 4
Square Community Moderator

Correct, @Roughnecks

I appreciate the feedback on the waitlist feature and how you use messages with this too. I am sure I'll Beta Team will have an opportunity for a feedback session too. 

I would recommend keeping track of all the feedback, so you can give them a full picture of your experience. 

Thank you! 

Kassi
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 4