x

What do I need to do to get orders from my website?

I have had my website up for awhile now, but I do not get any business from it at all. What am I doing wrong or what do I need to do to get some activity on it?

Also I am paying $60/month so I can track my inventory. It still shows I have a free account. Is it still considered a free account since I pay the $60/month?

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hi Deesignsbydee,

Just curious as to what Square Options you signed up for at $60 a month ?   The "free" online option offers many features including inventory (I believe this because I have that option).

Note:  With a free account, the one feature you don't get is a unique Domain name - if you need that, then there are additional fees and there are additional advantages to having your own Domain.  Sorry I'm not sure why you see you have a free account when you're paying for account - that needs to looked at by someone from Square.

As for what @Candlestore said - that's totally correct - simply having a website is just step ONE - after all, who knows you have one ?  You have to do some marketing and again there's no guarantee that will help but, you have to get your name or business out there for the world to see.

Below are some thoughts I have posted "many times" before because we all have the same goal - to get sales.   Not all of these thoughts work for everyone so you have to what works for you.

You need to experiment with different strategies and track your results to determine what works best for your business.

* Social Media Marketing: Social media can be a powerful tool for promoting your website and increasing sales. Creating engaging content and sharing it on social media platforms can help you reach a wider audience and drive more traffic to your site. Start with the basic social media sites, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flicker, Pinterest, Google Maps, Google Places for Business and Yelp - the more you get your name out there the better and you can setup these accounts at little or no cost - it's just your time. Take your time and take lots of product pictures or detailed info about your services if that applies.

* Advertising in your local paper may promote sales too. Cross selling via other sites like Etsy may increase interest even if you just list a few items. Also, check out activities like local Farmer's Markets or other outdoor events (Craft Shows, Art Shows, etc.) that would fit your needs.

* Content Marketing: Creating high-quality content, such as blog posts, videos, and infographics, can help attract and engage potential customers, leading to increased sales. Both Youtube and Vimeo are great for posting product or service videos at little or no cost. All you need is a camera, some thought and a little time.

* Email Marketing: Building an email list and sending targeted campaigns to subscribers can help you stay top of mind with potential customers, leading to increased sales over time. Don't spam people, make sure your list of addresses is composed of people that want to hear from you.

* Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising: PPC advertising allows you to place ads on search engines and other websites, targeting specific keywords and demographics. This can help you reach your target audience and increase sales. Note: It's a challenge to determine your ROI when spending money on advertising - choose wisely.

* Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Optimizing your website for search engines can help improve your website's visibility in search results, leading to more traffic and potential sales. This can involve on-page optimization (optimizing website content, tags, etc.) and off-page optimization (building backlinks, guest posting, etc.).

* Take advantage of Google Webmaster Tools and Bing Webmaster Tools.

* Finally - word of mouth is your best friend - try to friends and family involved - people trust people they know (in most cases) and this type of advertising is FREE.

jk

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Super Seller

@deesignsbydee ;

The biggest misconception of having a Website is that once you Open you Online site people will flood to it to buy from you.

You need to let your current customers know you have a website, advertise to new customers to let them know that you have a website and why they should buy from you and not your competition.  Then keep advertising your website.  I am not sure what type of customers you have, meaning are they in store or you trying for mostly online orders?   During our summers we get a lot of people coming here for the first time, we give them our card with our website on it so if they are not in the area they can still order from us.  This has worked well for as when we first started we had mainly orders from Pa, NY, and NJ; Now we are shipping to MI, FL, TX, CA, DE, MD, MN..... etc.  So you got to spend money to advertise your new website or find free ways to inform people about your site.  Facebook page is good for that and then post pictures of your item(s) and maybe some people will share them and inform people of your products that never heard of you.

Keith
Owner
Pocono Candle

Mark as Best Answer if this Helped you solve an issue or give it a thumbs up if you like the answer.
Square Support Number 855-700-6000.
Make Sure App and OS is up to date on your Device.
Message 2 of 3
Beta Member

Best Answer

Hi Deesignsbydee,

Just curious as to what Square Options you signed up for at $60 a month ?   The "free" online option offers many features including inventory (I believe this because I have that option).

Note:  With a free account, the one feature you don't get is a unique Domain name - if you need that, then there are additional fees and there are additional advantages to having your own Domain.  Sorry I'm not sure why you see you have a free account when you're paying for account - that needs to looked at by someone from Square.

As for what @Candlestore said - that's totally correct - simply having a website is just step ONE - after all, who knows you have one ?  You have to do some marketing and again there's no guarantee that will help but, you have to get your name or business out there for the world to see.

Below are some thoughts I have posted "many times" before because we all have the same goal - to get sales.   Not all of these thoughts work for everyone so you have to what works for you.

You need to experiment with different strategies and track your results to determine what works best for your business.

* Social Media Marketing: Social media can be a powerful tool for promoting your website and increasing sales. Creating engaging content and sharing it on social media platforms can help you reach a wider audience and drive more traffic to your site. Start with the basic social media sites, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Flicker, Pinterest, Google Maps, Google Places for Business and Yelp - the more you get your name out there the better and you can setup these accounts at little or no cost - it's just your time. Take your time and take lots of product pictures or detailed info about your services if that applies.

* Advertising in your local paper may promote sales too. Cross selling via other sites like Etsy may increase interest even if you just list a few items. Also, check out activities like local Farmer's Markets or other outdoor events (Craft Shows, Art Shows, etc.) that would fit your needs.

* Content Marketing: Creating high-quality content, such as blog posts, videos, and infographics, can help attract and engage potential customers, leading to increased sales. Both Youtube and Vimeo are great for posting product or service videos at little or no cost. All you need is a camera, some thought and a little time.

* Email Marketing: Building an email list and sending targeted campaigns to subscribers can help you stay top of mind with potential customers, leading to increased sales over time. Don't spam people, make sure your list of addresses is composed of people that want to hear from you.

* Pay-Per-Click (PPC) Advertising: PPC advertising allows you to place ads on search engines and other websites, targeting specific keywords and demographics. This can help you reach your target audience and increase sales. Note: It's a challenge to determine your ROI when spending money on advertising - choose wisely.

* Search Engine Optimization (SEO): Optimizing your website for search engines can help improve your website's visibility in search results, leading to more traffic and potential sales. This can involve on-page optimization (optimizing website content, tags, etc.) and off-page optimization (building backlinks, guest posting, etc.).

* Take advantage of Google Webmaster Tools and Bing Webmaster Tools.

* Finally - word of mouth is your best friend - try to friends and family involved - people trust people they know (in most cases) and this type of advertising is FREE.

jk

Message 3 of 3