x

Where can I find more information about Square Security?

The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Security

I am "championing" the use of Square at a fundraiser for a community organization. There is some pushback because a related group was told by their insurance company that "Square isn't secure enough, use Paypal". I've provided them with information from the Square Privacy and Security page and also the Visa Global List of Secure Service Providers. Is there any other information available that I can use to combat this perception?

Message 1 of 4
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @Cfrohrbach, Helen here from the Community team.

I just wanted share this thread with you Live Q&A: Ask us anything about Square and Security. In that thread, the Head of Information Security at Square shared information about Square's security policies, as well as information security best practices for Square's sellers. It might be a good resource to share. Thanks for spreading the word about Square! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Super Seller

those are basically the places I would point you.  Square is secure, there is a misconception from Square's original mag stripe reader from launch 8 or 10 years ago that didn't pass the information from the reader to the device encrypted so theoretically it could have been intercepted between the reader and the phone, but all readers that are in service now encrypt the card data before passing it to the device.

Sometimes even with facts, it is hard to change someone's mind.  I'm sure if you dug you could find a theoretical flaw in Paypal or venmo etc too.

Message 2 of 4
Admin

Best Answer

Hello @Cfrohrbach, Helen here from the Community team.

I just wanted share this thread with you Live Q&A: Ask us anything about Square and Security. In that thread, the Head of Information Security at Square shared information about Square's security policies, as well as information security best practices for Square's sellers. It might be a good resource to share. Thanks for spreading the word about Square! 

️ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 4

My thanks to everyone who responded. After provided the information you provided, I received approval to go forward today. Thank you all!

Message 4 of 4