x
Candi315

Re: Why are fees higher for manually-entered transactions?

I was not able to swipe, app told me to key in info., how can I fix this?

Message 11 of 46
jennrawlings

I am having the same problem and have posed the question for two days now. I would like to know the answer as well.

Message 12 of 46
rlenchanko

What about invoice transactions?  What is the fee?

Message 13 of 46
katieand Alumni

Hi @rlenchanko - You can find the fee for invoices on its main page

It says accept invoice payments are 2.9% + 30¢ per invoice paid online.

Message 14 of 46
jennrawlings

I do not want to pay to manually enter a credit card, but my reader will not read a swipe and it is brand new. Please help! I would like to keep a bit more of my money in my pocket and not spend it on manually entering card information.

Message 15 of 46
Kpay Alumni

@jennrawlings did you see @VanKalkerFarms' note and the picture below? "most of the time the issue is that the reader isn't plugged all the way in like a case is stopping it. It may seem like it is in all the way but needs just a tiny bit more."

Can you confirm that the reader is plugged in all the way? Also, if you'd like to walk through troubleshooting one-on-one, please feel free to call our support team

Message 16 of 46
jennrawlings

Thank you for your response. Yes, I removed the Otter box from my phone, pushed the reader until I heard a click and then pushed a bit more, just to be sure. It still will not read a swipe. Suggestions?

Message 17 of 46
LYPC

What is the limit for the 3.5% fee?  19% is outlandish.  If I charge $50.00 will it be 3.5%?  $25.00?  I need to know.

Message 18 of 46
VanKalkerFarms Super Seller

the only limit to charges is $50,000.  manually swiped charges will always be 3.5% + 15¢, the lower the amount charged the more that 15¢ will add up to as a percentage of the sale.

Message 19 of 46
Geaux

Question about manually entered transactions....I had to manually enter because the electrical charge on the square was dying and I couldnt recharge without disconnecting from my phone because the location of the charging cord is not accesible when plugged in to the phone and the show that I was working at was not over and  had incoming sales...any suggestions for the future on how to avoid this  issue.  Charger was fully charged at the beginning of the day and seems to hold charge for 4-5 hours. Thanks!  Margot G

Message 20 of 46