x

kds and new register not compatible - UPDATED: They are now compatible!

HOW in the world did i just mess my entire world up by ordering not 1 but 3 new square registers for my 2 stores! I installed and I was told everything would be same but better...guess what the new registers DO NOT integrate with fresh kds. i have 3 android kds printer stations and now they are useless. its 130 am i have to go in morning buy 3 printers, 3 each 50 foot cat 5 cables, run everything in time to serve 400 people at 10am. Now for the kicker i get to waste tons of thermal paper a year that i was saving by using kds. So not happy its not even funny. 

Message 1 of 5
1 Best Answer
Alumni

Best Answer

+Hi @chefkan - Thank you for sharing this feedback and I completely understand your frustration. I shared this post with our product team in charge of Register and they just informed me that it is now compatible with FreshKDS. Make sure you're on the most up to date version of Square's app and FreshKDS.

Here are some instructions for downloading & using FreshKDS just in case:

1. To use FreshKDS, search for FreshKDS in the Google Play Store and download it on an Android tablet.
  2. Sign up or sign in on the FreshKDS app, and then go to Settings > Printers on your Square Register. Tap on “Create Printer Station,” name the station, and select FreshKDS from within the Printer selection section.
  3. Tap “Test Print” to see what orders look like on the FreshKDS app.

Thanks again for this important feedback and also to @VanKalkerFarms for that sound advice. Your voices really do make an impact on our team and their decision making!

View Best Answer >

Message 4 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Super Seller

unfortunately, you are correct that KDS does not run with the new Square Register due to the fact that the new Square Register runs Android and Fresh KDS needs to run on Apple.

Did you have Square running on Square stands and iPads before?  If so just fall back to that and see what support can do about returning the new Square Registers.  

Message 2 of 5
Super Seller

I have sent a message to my Square contacts that the page needs more information and updating and to explain the KDS problem.

If I were you I would be one the phone and nicely be explaining the problem and your needed solution. sooner, like now, than later.  I would hope they will work with you.

Message 3 of 5
Alumni

Best Answer

+Hi @chefkan - Thank you for sharing this feedback and I completely understand your frustration. I shared this post with our product team in charge of Register and they just informed me that it is now compatible with FreshKDS. Make sure you're on the most up to date version of Square's app and FreshKDS.

Here are some instructions for downloading & using FreshKDS just in case:

1. To use FreshKDS, search for FreshKDS in the Google Play Store and download it on an Android tablet.
  2. Sign up or sign in on the FreshKDS app, and then go to Settings > Printers on your Square Register. Tap on “Create Printer Station,” name the station, and select FreshKDS from within the Printer selection section.
  3. Tap “Test Print” to see what orders look like on the FreshKDS app.

Thanks again for this important feedback and also to @VanKalkerFarms for that sound advice. Your voices really do make an impact on our team and their decision making!

Message 4 of 5
Super Seller

I was going to post this here but didn’t because I only saw reference to it in the beta group. 

Glad they got it up and running now. 

Message 5 of 5