x

"You may already have an account" looping error on Weebly login

Hello! Some time ago, a friend of mine had a Weebly website set up for him by someone else who no longer has the time spare to work on the site. They're in the process of transferring control of the site between them, and I've volunteered to help out in a technical capacity.

I'm unclear on the exact mechanism used to transfer control, but we do have a "Team Passcode" which I expect will come in useful at some point and give us access to the site builder. I'm planning on figuring that out when we get there!

The initial account creation step is what we're struggling with. The website was set up before Weebly was acquired by Square. My friend was told he needed to set up a Square account, and I've helped him do that. However, when we try to log in to Weebly using that Square account, we get a looping error message directing him back to the login page with the error "You may already have an account" - which, of course, we do, because we just set one up. We've tried three browsers (Edge, Firefox and Chrome) and incognito mode to rule out any cookie-related shenanigans.

As he can't log in to post on the support forums, I've made a separate account here to help figure out the issue. From Googling, it seems other people have had this issue before and it required tailored help from Square support to sort something on their account. Can anyone help fix the login issue?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hello there @Twidge

This one seems like a good question for our Support Team. When you have a moment, please call 0800 - 098 8008, from Monday to Friday, 9 AM - 5 PM, British Time.

You can also get in touch with our Messaging and Email Support Teams here.

JJ
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3

Thanks - I've emailed the support team and will go from there. 🙂

Message 3 of 3