x
Beta Member

Merging online and register taxes in square tax reports

It would be extremely helpful if online sales taxes and register sales taxes could be merged in the SquareUp Tax Report.

Currently the same sales tax rates are duplicated, showing the amounts from online sales and for register sales separately, creating extra work for me.

Even if the same tax rates could be subtotaled as an option would be really helpful. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Alumni

Hi there @RCBR - where are you currently locating these reports?

It sounds like you're finding them in two different locations, but you also mentioned seeing duplicated tax rates - I just want to make sure we're on the same page here!

Valentina
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 5
Beta Member

Well yes, the taxes being listed in the SquareUp Tax report are coming in from on-line sales, as well as the register sales. Virginia General sales tax (state tax) is 6%, and there are two lines of sales tax at 6% (one from online sales and one from register sales).

It's all a bit of a mess really, since I can't get three separate tax rates going online anyway.

Message 3 of 5
Alumni

The Sales Summary lumps all tax together - online and in-store. Not sure what specific report you're referring to in Dashboard. 

If you need help making sense of the taxes on your report, CS can break it down. If taxes are indeed duplicated, CS will create a ticket for our Reports Team to take a look. 

@RCBR

Justin
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 4 of 5
Beta Member

It was advised (by a Square support center representative) that I didn't name the taxes the same in Square Register as they were named in Square Online because they would still come into my Square Register Tax Report in separate lines and having the same name would be confusing.

I decided to test my own theory, so I named them the same, and the rep was INCORRECT. So for everyone's reference, If you name the same tax rate in your Square POS Register, as the name used in Square Online (Weebly) the taxes will be merged in the Square Register TAX REPORT.

ex. I named my city's prepared food tax "Meal's Tax" in Square Register, but the same tax was self-titled by zip code in Square online as "22046" (both the same exact tax rate that were separated on two lines in the report). When I changed the name to "22046" in my Square Register, the tax is displayed as one line and can be separated by source if needed.

THIS STILL DOES NOT SOLVE THE ISSUE OF THE INCORRECT TAXES BEING APPLIED TO SALES THROUGH SQUARE ONLINE. Which I hope will be rectified very soon, as I'v noticed comments/complaints/requests dating back to at least January of this year.

Message 5 of 5