x

Does the new Square Terminal act as a second cash register?

or does it just take payments?

We have an ipad and the contactless chip reader already. We are looking for an option to have a second terminal for check out during busy times.

Can the new Terminal be used to create the sale, or invoice, or is it just a payment reader?

thanks!

Message 1 of 6
1 Best Answer
Square Community Moderator

Best Answer

Hi there, @Sherri22 ๐Ÿ‘‹ Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you join us. Welcome!

Yes! - the Square Terminal is designed to be an all-in-one payment system hardware solution. This means that the device can collect payments, create Invoices, manage customers, etc.! 

To see a full overview of the Terminals Capabilities, you can check out this helpful resource.

If you have any more clarifying questions. please let me know! We are here to help.

Joe
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.

View Best Answer >

Message 2 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

Best Answer

Hi there, @Sherri22 ๐Ÿ‘‹ Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Seller Community! Happy to have you join us. Welcome!

Yes! - the Square Terminal is designed to be an all-in-one payment system hardware solution. This means that the device can collect payments, create Invoices, manage customers, etc.! 

To see a full overview of the Terminals Capabilities, you can check out this helpful resource.

If you have any more clarifying questions. please let me know! We are here to help.

Joe
Message 2 of 6

Thank you Joe.

So just to clarify - it can operate using the same information from the Dashboard at the same time as the ipad, so we can have two cashier setups?

If so, this would be great. Allowing us to have the main cashier and a back up to handle busy times. 

Message 3 of 6

That's coreect, @Sherri22! You are spot on. Both payment options can be used at the same time or individually.

Joe
Message 4 of 6

Thank you so much, Joe! 

Message 5 of 6

No problem! Let us know if anything else comes up, @Sherri22.

Joe
Message 6 of 6