x

Square Stand & MPoP interface with New Terminal

I have the Square Stand in my food truck with the MPoP cash draw to save space, and now have the new Terminal thinking it would interface with the stand but it doesnโ€™t. Is there away to have the terminal connected to the mpop to operate the cash draw and do cards? I want to enter the orders on my iPad and use the terminal for doing pin entry on cards since its so easy to hand it to the costumers, because moving the stand over to the ordering window was not possible, so i was only doing tap with a card reader. With the Terminal do i need a special cable or adapter of some kind, and will it let the IPad do the ordering and Terminal do pin entry?

Message 1 of 3
1 Best Answer
Admin

Best Answer

Update! Square now supports Star Micronics mPOP Printer Driven Cash Drawer. The mPOP Printer and Cash Drawer automatically opens the cash drawer or prints receipts every time you complete a sale.

Note: This printer can also be connected to iPads via Bluetooth or connected to Square Stand, Square Terminal, or Android devices via USB hub. This printer doesn't support network connectivity. Bluetooth connection is not available on Android devices at this time.

You can purchase the Star Micronics mPOP Printer Driven Cash Drawer from our Square Shop website. For more information about hardware compatibility with Square visit our Hardware Compatibility By Device site.

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.

View Best Answer >

Message 3 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Square Community Moderator

Hi @iBlue! Sorry for the delayed response here. 

The Terminal wouldn't be able to connect to the Stand in any way unfortunately. 

The Terminal doesn't require being plugged in but you will need some sort of internet connection or hotspot to use it.

The pin entry will only work if you run the sale on the Terminal. There's just not a way to combine them to do what you're looking for. I see how that would be useful but is not possible at the time. 

Ashley C
Community Moderator, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Message 2 of 3
Admin

Best Answer

Update! Square now supports Star Micronics mPOP Printer Driven Cash Drawer. The mPOP Printer and Cash Drawer automatically opens the cash drawer or prints receipts every time you complete a sale.

Note: This printer can also be connected to iPads via Bluetooth or connected to Square Stand, Square Terminal, or Android devices via USB hub. This printer doesn't support network connectivity. Bluetooth connection is not available on Android devices at this time.

You can purchase the Star Micronics mPOP Printer Driven Cash Drawer from our Square Shop website. For more information about hardware compatibility with Square visit our Hardware Compatibility By Device site.

๏œ๏ธ Helen
Seller Community Manager

Did you find help in the Seller Community? Mark a Best Answer to help others.
Message 3 of 3