x
Beta Member

Why did my screens go blank?

[The title of this thread has been edited from the original: Huge really bad issue.....help???]

Soooo it's a very simple issue that I never had happened before ever. Mid day on a really busy day our staff our checking out customers... all of a sudden the checkout page is blank on all machines. All items still exist but all pages are gone and empty, reset to blank. How on earth can this happen???? Helpppp

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Alumni

Hi @MattHebb1995,

This definitely sounds frustrating. I would contact our Customer Success Team as soon as you can in order to help get this addressed. Feel free to look up the ways to get in contact by visiting here.

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seciรณn y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 2 of 11
Beta Member

I was going to call but posted here assuming that this was a system issue, apperently it was just me somehow. My staff readded all the times now but it was weird.... is there a way someone could have hit a button that removes all items from the checkout and deletes them from exsistance or was for sure a glich?

Message 3 of 11
Alumni

Hey @MattHebb1995,

We do have a "clear items" button within checkout, but that means your staff would have to go into each individual transaction everytime and perform this action. It normally isn't a button you can tap on by accident. 

Alex_
Community Moderator, Square // Moderador de la Comunidad, Square
Sign in and click Mark as Best Answer if my reply answers your question.
Inicie seciรณn y haga clic en Marcar como "Mejor Respuesta" si mi respuesta contesta su pregunta.
Message 4 of 11
Beta Member

Oh no I mean like I had 4 pages of checkout item's, they all suddenly were deleted from exsistance as well as the page names. Like not just deleted from the checkout screen I mean deleted completely. I know what you mean by clearing items which is per transaction 

Message 5 of 11
Admin

So you mean your item grid without the checkout page of the app @MattHebb1995

I've never heard of that happening before... Did it end up loading later on? Did you have to reorganize the items? Do you have a screenshot?

Let me know โœจ

๏œ๏ธ Isabelle | she/her
Seller Community & Super Seller Program Manager | Square, Inc.
Learn about the Super Seller program!
Message 6 of 11
Beta Member

no it was gone forever, I had to recreate all the items that were in the item grid and readd them, it literally looked like I had just downloaded the app for the first time 

Message 7 of 11
Beta Member

The weirdest part was the fact that thoes items got completely deleted.

Message 8 of 11
Admin

And you weren't logged into the wrong location or anything @MattHebb1995

Message 9 of 11
Beta Member

Nope I never even logged out, they were mid transaction and the items were suddenly gone. I tried relogging but they were gone. 

Message 10 of 11
Admin

Wow. I am so sorry about that. I've never heard of that happening.

Please give our Support Team a call so they can file a ticket with our Engineering team @MattHebb1995.

Message 11 of 11